Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weloveclover)
    stop moaning start swimming. Swim 40 lengths front crawl then tread water (eggbeater) alterneting between right hand out left hand out both hands out. Do that until you drown then take up water polo.
    I love swimming! I shall start once I'm comfortable in a swimming costume I'll try your tips-Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypallywally)
    Toned Bum =SQUATS - atleast 30 a day,
    Toned Stomach -Crunches - at least 50 a day,
    Toned arms and back -press ups - man ones -try 20 to start with.
    Also it is really important to stretch - This will lengthen all your limbs, so if you are worried about chunky thighs then this will help to spread the "fat". Maybe join a pilates class.

Although you really don't need to, your body is beautiful, and don't doubt it!
    Wow thank youu I've been doing all of that apart from Pilates! I've got a book on it though so shall try thank you!

ReputationRep:
    As long as you are not obese and your weight has no affect on your health then your fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wavey93)
    What's the state of your diet at the moment?
    Time I started thread it was pretty bad I guess... I didn't eat much but the little I did eat was carby/fatty
    Now I'm on high protein so I was having porridge + fruit for breakfast (but just learnt that's bad carbs) Lunch = egg soup which is basically eggs with bits of boiled chicken and corn and salt...lol yummm...and dinner boiled veg + fish
    no snacks. no crips/choc etc!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypallywally)
    Toned Bum =SQUATS - atleast 30 a day,
    Toned Stomach -Crunches - at least 50 a day,
    Toned arms and back -press ups - man ones -try 20 to start with.
    Also it is really important to stretch - This will lengthen all your limbs, so if you are worried about chunky thighs then this will help to spread the "fat". Maybe join a pilates class.

Although you really don't need to, your body is beautiful, and don't doubt it!
    OMG.

I would neg but I already spent my five reps for today on other idiots doling out ridiculous "advice".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    OMG.

I would neg but I already spent my five reps for today on other idiots doling out ridiculous "advice".
    Why neg?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejected_enigma)
    Why neg?
    Aside from the fact that bodyqeight squats won't do much, 50 crunches a day is a terrible idea and press ups don't work your back? There's also the fact she said that STRETCHING WILL LENGTHEN YOUR LIMBS AND SPREAD THE FAT OUT LOLWTFOMG??

Time I started thread it was pretty bad I guess... I didn't eat much but the little I did eat was carby/fatty
    Now I'm on high protein so I was having porridge + fruit for breakfast (but just learnt that's bad carbs) Lunch = egg soup which is basically eggs with bits of boiled chicken and corn and salt...lol yummm...and dinner boiled veg + fish
    no snacks. no crips/choc etc!
    Porridge + fruit is not bad carbs. The only improvement breakfast needs is some source of protein to it. I would have suggested adding boiled eggs but you're already having eggs for lunch and you're might get tired of that so some other source of protein with breakfast would be ideal (or eggs if you can stomach it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Aside from the fact that bodyqeight squats won't do much, 50 crunches a day is a terrible idea and press ups don't work your back? There's also the fact she said that STRETCHING WILL LENGTHEN YOUR LIMBS AND SPREAD THE FAT OUT LOLWTFOMG??
    looool @ bold

Yeah I'm a newbie so started with bodyweight but now I'm doing 10kg raahhh HENCH

I don't think I would lose anything from adding that to all my cardio etc right? And I swear crunches makes abs more toned? OR is that wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    Porridge + fruit is not bad carbs. The only improvement breakfast needs is some source of protein to it. I would have suggested adding boiled eggs but you're already having eggs for lunch and you're might get tired of that so some other source of protein with breakfast would be ideal (or eggs if you can stomach it).
    Someone said earlier it's not complex or something and turns into glucose--> fat really quickly. OMG I'm getting so confused. Too much conflicting advice. Ahh okay maybe I could have protein shake with breakfast? My lunch is eggtastic I don't think I could have eggs for breakfast too :P

Someone said earlier it's not complex or something and turns into glucose--> fat really quickly. OMG I'm getting so confused. Too much conflicting advice. Ahh okay maybe I could have protein shake with breakfast? My lunch is eggtastic I don't think I could have eggs for breakfast too :P
    Basically read this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...91&postcount=4 and http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324

Try and get carbs like oats, brown rice, wholemeal bread etc

And that's fine. You can even mix the whey into the porridge instead of a protein shake but it's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo there TSR!

FIRST of all I KNOW I'm not obese or even FAT so this isn't an attention seeking thread.
    Basically I hate my body and the other day even my ex asked if I've put on weight I'm just so shapeless?! And I would love it if you fitness gurus out there could give me some tips on how to sort it out.

I'm around 5 foot 6
    Weigh about 55kg

I really don't like my :

- Bingo wings
    - Shapeless bum
    - FAT BELLY
    - Big thighs

I want to be toned and slender and seriously get rid of my fat belly that makes me look pregnant in tight clothes. So yeah...Please help

Diet tips?
    Exercise tips?
    I don't think your body's unfit at all. If you want to get toned, join a sports group? Perhaps the problem is more the style of clothes you favour now.

ReputationRep:
    fruit has sugars not complex carbs so dont overdo it

as for your routine, heavy lifting and none of this 50 rep bull****

use weights that only allow you to do 8 reps or so, for all exercises. squats deadlifts lunges, weighted crunches, pullups, shoulder press, probably the main ones to focus on

ReputationRep:
    In the true words of Gok Wan 'CONFIDENCE!!!' accept what you have because everyone is different and that doesn't make one person beautiful and another not it just is what it is! I'm sure you're stunning and as long as you smile and believe you are beautiful then so will the world!!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by show_time)
    In the true words of Gok Wan 'CONFIDENCE!!!' accept what you have because everyone is different and that doesn't make one person beautiful and another not it just is what it is! I'm sure you're stunning and as long as you smile and believe you are beautiful then so will the world!!! xxx
    Gok Wan used to be hideously fat. He didn't accept what he had and did something about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluxD)
    Gok Wan used to be hideously fat. He didn't accept what he had and did something about it.
    Thats a bit harsh! He may have done something about it but saying he or anyone is hideously is a little rude. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    fruit has sugars not complex carbs so dont overdo it

as for your routine, heavy lifting and none of this 50 rep bull****

use weights that only allow you to do 8 reps or so, for all exercises. squats deadlifts lunges, weighted crunches, pullups, shoulder press, probably the main ones to focus on
    With fruit it all has to do with how ripe it is

ReputationRep:
    Thats a bit harsh! He may have done something about it but saying he or anyone is hideously is a little rude. :eek:
    But even he thought it was hideous?

ReputationRep:
    Right guys! NEW PICTURE!!!
    4 days of intense HEALTHY dieting i.e. high protein/low fat/low carbs and daily gym including IIT, squatting, sit ups and pushups and YOGAAAA... I'm seeing some results already Starting to liiike my body

Edit:
    NB matching underwear for those who critiqued that earlier...:P
    you're a mug

ReputationRep:
    stfu

being fat is hideous

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.