Turn on thread page Beta

Hate my body (Pics included) watch

ReputationRep:
    hola-hoop, it's good for the hips

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejected_enigma)
    Hellooo there TSR!

FIRST of all I KNOW I'm not obese or even FAT so this isn't an attention seeking thread.
    Basically I hate my body and the other day even my ex asked if I've put on weight I'm just so shapeless?! And I would love it if you fitness gurus out there could give me some tips on how to sort it out.

I'm around 5 foot 6
    Weigh about 55kg

I really don't like my :

- Bingo wings
    - Shapeless bum
    - FAT BELLY
    - Big thighs

I want to be toned and slender and seriously get rid of my fat belly that makes me look pregnant in tight clothes. So yeah...Please help

Diet tips?
    Exercise tips?
    Are you doing crunches?
    because if you are, stop, crunches build muscle at the front of your stomach and actually make it look bigger, you need to do some sort of twisting exercise, like this one from my yoga class:
    Lie on your back with your knees hugged to your chest
    Move your left elbow to your right knee
    Then move your right elbow to your left knee
    and repeat, it's much better for stomach toning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    That builds you obliques. Which builds muscle underneath your love handles, making them look bigger. That's not an improvement. Bicycles are also probably better than normal crunches for building the rectus as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypallywally)
    Also it is really important to stretch - This will lengthen all your limbs, so if you are worried about chunky thighs then this will help to spread the "fat". Maybe join a pilates class.
    Or we could just put her on the rack, that will help stretch her out too :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiny Dirt)
    hola-hoop, it's good for the hips
    So is sex with internet Sir Galahad white knights.

ReputationRep:
    Someone said earlier it's not complex or something and turns into glucose--> fat really quickly. OMG I'm getting so confused. Too much conflicting advice. Ahh okay maybe I could have protein shake with breakfast? My lunch is eggtastic I don't think I could have eggs for breakfast too :P
    Please don't listen to that person, they are clearly misinformed. The carbs you need to avoid are the refined sugars. Fruit and oats are good for you so eat up!

ReputationRep:
    So much fail in this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym...2 times a week and it has no effect
    u need to go 3 times minimun, I wuld ask your instructor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanvyj)
    So you only go out with models???
    lol no, models are too tall with me being 5ft11ish, but I do have standards

(Original post by allypallywally)
    Toned Bum =SQUATS - atleast 30 a day,
    Toned Stomach -Crunches - at least 50 a day,
    Toned arms and back -press ups - man ones -try 20 to start with.
    Also it is really important to stretch - This will lengthen all your limbs, so if you are worried about chunky thighs then this will help to spread the "fat". Maybe join a pilates class.

Although you really don't need to, your body is beautiful, and don't doubt it!
    ha worst post ever, lol at stretching spreading fat

(Original post by FluxD)
    You have already rated a post by this user recently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    lol no, models are too tall with me being 5ft11ish, but I do have standards
    :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha seriously? Hmm wow that is pretty impressive We'll see how it goes
    If you're serious about slimming down, weight training is one of the best ways to go about it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StressReliever)
    Please don't make out like all carbs are the devil. Refined carbs are best avoided but complex carbs such as oats, brown rice or quinoa provide a good source of energy and keep you fuller for longer. Excess of OVERALL calories are what makes a person fat, not just those from carbs.
    You can get enough carbs from leafy green vegetables. Our bodies never evolved to digest those sorts of carbs so it'll always be difficult for it to do so.

It is a fact that our bodies require protein to rebuild muscle tissue AND that rebuilding muscle tissue burns calories regardless of what you're doing after you've finished exercising. Filling your belly with oats and rice will do nothing to help that process.

It is carbs that have been linked to obesity and heart disease, not fats.

(Original post by a_t)
    Yeah that was the joke, are the posters on this forum completely asinine? That's the second time I've had to state this
    Yeah... and I am continuing that joke. Try to stop being so antagonistic.

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym...2 times a week and it has no effect
    Then there is something wrong. Maybe your not focusing on the correct workout and cardio regime?

ReputationRep:
    I love swimming! I shall start once I'm comfortable in a swimming costume I'll try your tips-Thank you!
    just get the f**k on with it! No one gives a crap if you're swimming. When I started i used to be like oh christ im fat now im like i dont care what you think you probably can't swim.

ReputationRep:
    derp derp derp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phranky)
    You can get enough carbs from leafy green vegetables. Our bodies never evolved to digest those sorts of carbs so it'll always be difficult for it to do so.

It is carbs that have been linked to obesity and heart disease, not fats.
    Well I love my leafy greens but not giving up oats and quinoa for anything! Also did you know that quinoa is a complete protein source.

Eating the wrong kind of carbs increases risk for heart disease, i.e. refined and high GI carbs. But I've never heard of wholegrain oats or brown rice being linked to heart disease (in fact quite the opposite, they may help to prevent it).

See here: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0426151625.htm

And here: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0417194344.htm

Can you please provide a reliable source to state otherwise (not from the Daily Mail LOL).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phranky)

It is a fact that our bodies require protein to rebuild muscle tissue AND that rebuilding muscle tissue burns calories regardless of what you're doing after you've finished exercising.
    Not disagreeing with you there mate.

ReputationRep:
    Dammit, why did I eneter this thread. Now my neg-repping finger hurts. Stupid whiteknights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    lol

lol

lies

There is hope, maybe you should try getting off your ass and doing a bit more about it though, 90% of the posts I see by you on fitness are all of this vein
    Why are you so desperate to insult her? There's nothing wrong with her body.

ReputationRep:
    your tummy might be some water retention, have you ever given water tablets a try?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.