Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    cut down on the junk food, always eat breakfast, dont eat after 8pm or make your dinner the last meal of the day, stop drinking larger or beer (go for vodka instead), replace chocolate bars with 'healthy' fats, like almonds etc. Erm... Go for brown bread and pasta over weight bread, it'll help keep you fuller for longer, eat less meat, if you do try to eat chicken or lean meat. Read labels, you'll be shocked at whats in some food! Make your own pack lunch, dont waste money on 'special k' food, just have an apple instead... oh yeah, dont count fruit as calories (if your gunna start counting calories), and have a glass of water before every meal. Also icey water burns kcals as your body has to heat it up, try green tea, cutting down on salt will also help get rid of water weight, so may help you look less 'puffy' but it wont get rid of fat.
    Erm, yeah i'll probably think of somemore soon :] Good luck! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAR12)

Watch Katie My Beautiful Friends.
    Then come back and say you 'hate' your body.
    No no no i'm sorry I really don't mean to be ungrateful I just don't feel comfortable in my body and hide it with baggy clothes and stuff...I want to be able to be comfortable..juu get me? those people are probably more beautiful than me because they're stronger and more confident than me..i'm just..i dno call me vain or shallow I just want to be comfortable in my own skin..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejected_enigma)
    I go to the gym...2 times a week and it has no effect
    3 times a week, about an hour per session of constant work. The people who make progress in gyms are the ones who take breaks the least during their workouts. You want to be dying by the end of each session, otherwise it'll be hardly shocking they have no effect. You need a combo of cardio and work with free weights.

This will need to be combined with an appropriate diet. Concentrate on actively limiting carbs after 4pm.

If you follow these simple things and see no effect, you are a medical marvel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimee91)
    You look fine.
    Also if you hated your body you wouldn't post half naked pictures on the internet.
    This, times a million. Inb4 *Fap fap fap*

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be fair to say you have a paunch. I'd suggest joining a gym or going running to lose some weight and tone up, along with some light weight lifting.

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean? pounds and cms?
    Stones, pounds and ounces. Not 'kilograms'

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym...2 times a week and it has no effect
    Spin lessons! ther amazing and they r a great way to tone ur body and lose weight... btw u look completely fine! better than most gals... if ur still unhappy then go spin n try at least 3 lessons n after tht u will lov it lol... gd luck!

ReputationRep:
    lol no. beer bellies on girls is not delicious
    I call it the chav belly. You see a really slim hot looking chav girl but she has always has a little pot belly. Too many eggs and bacons and baccardi breezers.

ReputationRep:
    wtf are bingo wings? lunchladies?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord_Farquad)
    You have the type of body that would benefit from weight lifting. Start squatting.
    sorry i'm a gym n00b..what's squatting? sounds durteee

ReputationRep:
    lol no. beer bellies on girls is not delicious
    Not too much but a bit of a pot belly on a woman is sexy...atleast thats what I learnt from Pulp Fiction

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo there TSR!

FIRST of all I KNOW I'm not obese or even FAT so this isn't an attention seeking thread.
    Basically I hate my body and the other day even my ex asked if I've put on weight I'm just so shapeless?! And I would love it if you fitness gurus out there could give me some tips on how to sort it out.

I'm around 5 foot 6
    Weigh about 55kg

I really don't like my :

- Bingo wings
    - Shapeless bum
    - FAT BELLY
    - Big thighs

I want to be toned and slender and seriously get rid of my fat belly that makes me look pregnant in tight clothes. So yeah...Please help

Diet tips?
    Exercise tips?
    I would say a combination of weight lifting and high intensity interval training should do the trick.

Someone mentioned earlier - do squats.

^ that's a squat - start off without weights and then build your way up.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I would Really :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazular)
    Hmm, how long do you go for? And what do you do?
    If you want to get rid of bingo wings, there's this thing at my gym (no idea what it's called) but it's like, pedals for your arms and you kinda push water around.
    This thing:
    http://www.pulsefitness.com/ube.htm

For a flatter belly, there's also lower back extension machines, which strengthen your back muscles and you can feel your abs getting worked too
    oh okay thank you i'll see if my gym has that machine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boo!xx)
    cut down on the junk food, always eat breakfast, dont eat after 8pm or make your dinner the last meal of the day, stop drinking larger or beer (go for vodka instead), replace chocolate bars with 'healthy' fats, like almonds etc. Erm... Go for brown bread and pasta over weight bread, it'll help keep you fuller for longer, eat less meat, if you do try to eat chicken or lean meat. Read labels, you'll be shocked at whats in some food! Make your own pack lunch, dont waste money on 'special k' food, just have an apple instead... oh yeah, dont count fruit as calories (if your gunna start counting calories), and have a glass of water before every meal. Also icey water burns kcals as your body has to heat it up, try green tea, cutting down on salt will also help get rid of water weight, so may help you look less 'puffy' but it wont get rid of fat.
    Erm, yeah i'll probably think of somemore soon :] Good luck! xx
    just noting this down...will start applying this to my life lol

ReputationRep:
    Your body looks absolutely normal -- and if it weren't increasingly unacceptable for me to do so, I'd say that you look really rather saucy. Don't worry. You have a little bit of a stomach, but almost everyone does. So go to the gym, work on your abs and be healthy generally, but don't look to change yourself too drastically or beat yourself up too much: you're beautiful as you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Timepasser)
    Not too much but a bit of a pot belly on a woman is sexy...atleast thats what I learnt from Pulp Fiction
    I think you'll find it's called a pot, not a pot belly

ReputationRep:
    you just look like you have very little muscle - do you eat a high fat/sugar diet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamrules247)
    Stones, pounds and ounces. Not 'kilograms'
    google says 55 kilograms = 8.66101744 stones

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adoringcarmine)
    you just look like you have very little muscle - do you eat a high fat/sugar diet?
    Implying eating lots of fat is necessarily bad <= lol

So much **** advice in this thread. The guys who say 'skinny fat' and 'squat' win the thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.