Turn on thread page Beta

Hate my body (Pics included) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon2010)
    You have a BMI of 19.7. If anything you need to gain weight.

If you are worrying about being flabby of fat with a BMI below 23 then it is obvious you are being irrational.

Go to the doctors and ask about BDD. You need therapy not the gym.
    Don't be ridiculous. She needs to tone up a bit, I don't think she's even particularly asking to lose weight, just sort problem areas out, which is completely rational.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejected_enigma)

Seriously people who have got useless things to say GTFO I don't want compliments or criticisms I just want TIPS like I CLEARLY stated in my thread.
    People have given you tips and you refuse to take them saying "this doesnt work" "that doesnt work" "Ive tried it before"

you already know the answer to your question. If you really feel the need to loose weight go to the gym and eat better, but because of your already low BMI you will struggle because your body will resist fat loss as at a BMI of 19.7 you dont really have much to begin with.

I say; dont waste your energy and you life on a diet and fitness plan when you are healthy. Get some treatment for self esteem issues instead then you can live life eating what you want and exercising for fun like some one your size should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsLadette)
    Don't be ridiculous. She needs to tone up a bit, I don't think she's even particularly asking to lose weight, just sort problem areas out, which is completely rational.
    Sorry but I dont see any area that need toning. I think her body in fine as it is.

ReputationRep:
    I would destroy you.

BANG TIDY

ReputationRep:
    You look absolutely great. Enjoy not needing to go to the gym, while you are young and slim and gorgeous. Later in life when we hit middle age, more and more of us will have to go to the gym to keep looking even half as fit as you do now..

hating your body, when it's clearly so pretty and fit, is neurotic.. deal with your frame of mind : be nicer to yourself and find a bf who wont resort to commenting on your weight to try and undermine you.

ReputationRep:
    You've got nothing to worry about, you look fine as you are!

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with some self improvement. Each to their own I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but I dont see any area that need toning. I think her body in fine as it is.
    i agree theres nothing to tone up its already quite toned. Toning doesnt always work i had a baby and no amount of toning would help me with my stretched skin lol shes quite lucky she looks fab as she is id dye for a body like that

ReputationRep:
    You look fine, this is average, just do some tonning exercises like the plank, sit ups and ones like that, trust me it works, but if your only 8 and a half stone I'm sure your figure isn't bad at all!

ReputationRep:
    as we speak...I'm masturbating to them pics.

ReputationRep:
    You look fine, but a bit of toning wouldn't hurt.

As an ass man, I am dissapoint.

ReputationRep:
    Gym and diet (as in eat less sugar and carbs etc, standard gym diet).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsLadette)
    AN ARTICLE IN THE DAILY MAIL SAYS SOMETHING IS LINKED WITH CANCER SHOCKER. Well, if the Daily Fail says that it gives you cancer, it must do!
    erm yeah, that was kinda the joke...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    erm yeah, that was kinda the joke...
    Sorry, assumed it'd been posted by the person that was arguing it gave you cancer so missed the fact it was (obviously) a joke! Ooops.

ReputationRep:
    If you knew anything about BMI you would know it is quite possible to have a high body fat percentage and a low BMI. BMI means nothing and doesnt take into account things like muscle mass, a perfectly toned person could be overweight according to the BMI calculation just because muscle weighs more than fat.

She doesn't have a mental disorder, she was asking for advice on how to tone up certain areas which is normal.

Also regarding people saying not to eat after certain times at night, thats all BS and makes no difference at all, there have been several scientific studies which have concluded eating late at night doesnt alter how much weight you gain etc etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elerrina)
    If you knew anything about BMI you would know it is quite possible to have a high body fat percentage and a low BMI. BMI means nothing and doesnt take into account things like muscle mass, a perfectly toned person could be overweight according to the BMI calculation just because muscle weighs more than fat.

She doesn't have a mental disorder, she was asking for advice on how to tone up certain areas which is normal.

Also regarding people saying not to eat after certain times at night, thats all BS and makes no difference at all, there have been several scientific studies which have concluded eating late at night doesnt alter how much weight you gain etc etc etc.
    she already looks toned to me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rejected_enigma)
    Right so I tried intensive interval training today! O M G seriously I nearly vomited lol it's made me realise all my previous workouts were in vain! I tried it on the treadmill so sprinting, walking, sprinting, jogging etc...for about 20 mins...After that I couldn't do more without needing a break but I'm hoping my stamina's going to get better. I then did 30 mins kick boxing and then squats (without weights) sit ups and girl push ups (knees on the floor :P )

What's the rule for food before gym? I went in the morning and skipped breakfast-just had a glass of water because I didn't wanna be full whilst exercising. Then I waited til lunch time and had a bowl of porridge, a pear and an apple.
    Not enough food. I normally eat SOMETHING half an hour to an hour before exercising. People on here are more knowledgeable than me on what stuff is best to eat, but IMO you should eat more, especially after.
    Definitely start squatting with weight as soon as you feel ready (look up vids online and practice very good technique).
    The next time, if you want good advice here, then it's best to post in one of the established threads like Ask Powerlifter, the Toning Guide, or the Barbelles Soc. You won't get people accusing you of attention seeking and you'll get the advice you need.
    You should ideally be doing a combo of resistance and HIIT, which you have started! There's a copy of my and other girls' resistance training workouts in the first post of the Toning and Exercise Guide, check them out. Or PM me

ReputationRep:
    seriously give spicy food a go - there's a method to the madness. Spicy food apparently increases the body's metabolic rate hence leading to slimming. When i was travelling i become a bit fatter, but ever since i have been back and on my mum's curries, i've lost weight and my jeans which were once the pefect size are now and inch or two too large! :eek:

by spicy i mean something with green chillies - not this jalepeno mild crap. that's for sissy's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    seriously give spicy food a go - there's a method to the madness. Spicy food apparently increases the body's metabolic rate hence leading to slimming. When i was travelling i become a bit fatter, but ever since i have been back and on my mum's curries, i've lost weight and my jeans which were once the pefect size are now and inch or two too large! :eek:

by spicy i mean something with green chillies - not this jalepeno mild crap. that's for sissy's
    holy **** the advice on this forum is beyond terrible

ReputationRep:
    I love these threads

Boy asking for help with pics: given advice, told to start a beginner program, etc etc

Girl asking for help with pics: NOoooo you don't want to lose weight. You look fine just as you are. I really like you. Say would you add me on Facebook I think you're so hoooott xxxx

Sometimes the stereotypes are true

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.