Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marrythenight)
    Check my post history, all genuine and no troll. I just think you could take more care when accusing people of having not done any research - they're first years for crying out loud, give them time and they will be perfect this time in a year.
    Given that the guy admitted in the next post to having done very little research perhaps I was correct...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The West Wing)
    Given that the guy admitted in the next post to having done very little research perhaps I was correct...?
    If he admitted to it, then there was no need to post a smarmy reminder was there?

Anyway, let's leave it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marrythenight)
    You need to stop saying this in threads, I've seen you do it before and it's a real knock to confidence.

The OP has just completed his first year, like I have. For what it's worth, he seems to have done plenty of research to get onto open days (which coincidentally are open to anyone at any stage) at such prestigious firms.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, students at the end of their first years have plenty of time to learn and grow, so don't come accuse them of not bothering to research as the truth is that many of them are very new to how things work and getting on the right track.
    First peachmelba, now West Wing - you really need to stop trying to change the way people give advice on here. I was a first year law student too and, at the end of my first year, I knew the firms I wanted to apply to inside out. The fact that you have just finished your first year does not necessarily give you a reason to defend your or your peers' lack of knowledge between the differences in Jones Day and Freshfields, or even Slaughter and May and Freshfields (talking randomly here, so just keep that in mind before you begin attacking this in your post ).

Yes, you do have time to learn but applications for vac schemes open in October, so do keep that in mind. You have the summer ahead of you, so use your time wisely.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.