Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    at its quietest?? I went on a trial day with a new (and extremely cheap) gym called FitSpace. I went on a Monday at 1pm and thought it should be pretty quiet but I went in the weights room and there were about 20 black men in there and there I was, a token white guy walking in. Awkward. Anyways so when is it at its most quiet typically? I appreciate that the FitSpace gym might be busy at most times because of its cheap offers but still would like to know.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as it opens.

ReputationRep:
    in the week during the day I have found or near closing time.

ReputationRep:
    Saturday 3pm because footie is usually on. I don't mind because they never have Sheffield Wednesday on Sky Sports :sad:

Yeah I have found 2-3pm and 8pm onwards to be quiet, though I don't really like going that late. I still need to give morning gym sessions a go, I'm always in lectures or sleeping :gah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    at its quietest?? I went on a trial day with a new (and extremely cheap) gym called FitSpace. I went on a Monday at 1pm and thought it should be pretty quiet but I went in the weights room and there were about 20 black men in there and there I was, a token white guy walking in. Awkward. Anyways so when is it at its most quiet typically? I appreciate that the FitSpace gym might be busy at most times because of its cheap offers but still would like to know.
    AS it opens at like 7/8am or late at night at like 9pm...

Those are the quietest times at my gym. Although it's fairly empty up until about 10am tbh, if you want a bit of a lie in...

ReputationRep:
    I usually go mid-morning and often have the entire place to myself!

(Original post by Skill)
    Why was it awkward?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    nd there were about 20 black men in there and there I was, a token white guy walking in. Awkward.
    :toofunny:

I bet you joined the Holloway or Woolwich branch.................

anyways, weekdays before 11, Friday afternoons, Sundays. Just think about when all the fairweather/9-5ers want to go to the gym and avoid then.

Also bear in mind that the sun is out so the gym is full of people doing what they should've started 6 months ago, so adjust accordingly............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    You sound like a little b1tch. You afraid of black people or what?

ReputationRep:
    Lol at the comments from sleekchic and evan_k. Black people in gyms are pretty intimidating .. especially when the gym is in gangland territory. They tend to stare at you and when it's 20 black men in this small circular room who all seem to know each other, it's hard to fit in without sticking out like a sore thumb. They treat the gym like its their den. There's no point calling me racist about the staring comment - it's no more racist than a fanpage on Facebook about 'it's not spicy, you're just white'.

ReputationRep:
    Near closing and at times when people tend to do other activities e.g. friday evening.

ReputationRep:
    Also another point to mention is that January-February is when the gym is busiest because people make new year's resolutions and such, then it slowly starts to decline as the year goes on :gah:

ReputationRep:
    It will really depend on your gym, mine is a uni gym so often quiet when most lectures are on such as morning to early afternoon, but from late afternoon to closing it will be very busy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Lol at the comments from sleekchic and evan_k. Black people in gyms are pretty intimidating .. especially when the gym is in gangland territory. They tend to stare at you and when it's 20 black men in this small circular room who all seem to know each other, it's hard to fit in without sticking out like a sore thumb. They treat the gym like its their den. There's no point calling me racist about the staring comment - it's no more racist than a fanpage on Facebook about 'it's not spicy, you're just white'.
    Hey smile, you're white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Hey smile, you're white.

Wow you're so cool and hard.

Loser.

ReputationRep:
    I go around 9 - 9.30 pm, basically dead in my gym at that time.

ReputationRep:
    Saturday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    Wow you're so cool and hard.

Loser.
    Wow, someone takes the internet seriously.

Lets play the game, how does quoting a comics line insinuate I think I am hard - please to be explaining.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill)
    My gym just got suddenly busy because people want to look good for summer.
    Early mornings and late evenings are best though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    Wow, someone takes the internet seriously.

Lets play the game, how does quoting a comics line insinuate I think I am hard - please to be explaining.
    You're the one who takes things too seriously ... you seem like another gym obssessed person which covers up some hole in your life. The sort of person you get in the weights section walking around like he's Rocky. Get a grip.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.