Turn on thread page Beta

I really don't know what the point of making this thread is; I guess I just need to vent and read other people's experiences... Anyway, so basically I really liked this girl and I thought she was giving me signs that she liked me too, which I obviously misinterpreted, since I decided to tell her today how I felt about her and she rejected me.

Now, I feel kind of bitter about this. However, the anger is not directed towards her, but towards myself. I'm 17 and I've never had a girlfriend before, which is quite common, I suppose. The thing is I still feel horribly lonely, as though I didn't have anyone with whom to share a smile and lately that's been getting to me, especially since most, if not all, of my friends are in relationships and I feel just jealous and wish I could have the same.

What bothers me the most is that a female friend of mine told me some months ago, 'You could have any girl you wanted. You're a gentleman and a very nice and smart person'. Now, I won't go on and rant about girls not wanting nice guys, but what my friend told me has proved to be false, and not only this one time, but over and over again.

Another friend of mine told me, referring to the girl that just rejected me, 'She doesn't deserve you. You deserve someone way better than her, and I'm sure someone is there for you and you'll meet her when you least expect it', which again has proved to be false up to this point.

And I know what the reason for all this is. Looks-wise, I'm not the best-looking person in the world but I'm definitely above average. I'm also very clever and nice, BUT I feel I'm an extremely boring person. The problem is I know this but I don't know how to change it, or rather I know how to and I just don't want to, which doesn't really make much sense...

I guess I just want someone to like me for who I am and not for someone I pretend to be, even though sometimes I think that no one ever will and I will always be alone, just as I always have

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.