Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I know nothing about freshers week apart from drink, sleep, drink, sleep, drink, sleep...
    What I would like to know is how much everyone spent during freshers? Just intrigued as to the price difference between nowadays festival prices and a weeks worth of drinking.
    Obviously people drink less/more than others therefore spending different amounts

Thank youu

ReputationRep:
    couple hundred quid in freshers fortnight for me i think (and missed the odd night or two due to freshers flu haha)
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    About £200 in freshers fortnight, but that included buying books for my course etc.

Plus I'm at Glasgow, so I had £1 drinks rather than the extortionate prices of London!

ReputationRep:
    I live at home so I didn't go to everything, but I spent maybe 50-70tops. Including taxis. Saying that I'm at Strathclyde which is also in Glasgow.

ReputationRep:
    I truly don't remember

Not too much though.

ReputationRep:
    About £20-£30? I don't enjoy drinking more than 3 pints on any given night though, meh.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Too much, pretty much all on alcohol. Not worth it.

ReputationRep:
    around £120ish in freshers fortnight including a first big shop, all freshers tickets and transport (bought my student oyster card and paid for some taxis)
    I ended up getting around 20 back as I sold one of my tickets. So yeah, £100. Not too much really considering it was the first week at uni in central london
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I spent about £100 - including a university hoodie

ReputationRep:
    About £250 if including books, about £50 if not ( ) and that includes a hoody, but I'm in catered halls and there was free booze/brought stuff with me.

ReputationRep:
    I spent probably around 30-40, I literally had no money (my student loan and grant arrived in november) so only had a ticket for one freshers event and I also went out with some people from a society but we stayed at the pub.

ReputationRep:
    Probs about 100 ish in Freshers fortnight. I don't know, I can't really remember.

ReputationRep:
    about 100 quid on first shop and nights out ect... but i went to uni with some booze so....

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.