Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Revision: timetables + checklists = STRESSED! watch

ReputationRep:
    Right here is my situation...

I'm totally stressed to **** over my exams and my revision!

I have my A level tests in:

Business BS1 and BS2 WJEC
    Economics Unit 1 and Unit 2 AQA
    Accounting Unit 2 AQA
    Government and politics Unit 1 and Unit 2 Edexcel
    Cefs Unit 3 IFS

8 tests all together. I have wrote my self an exam timetable out but have not wrote any checklists for accounting or business or cefs because I havent a clue how to write one for them. ANY HELP???!!!

I can't be bothered typing up my whole time table so I'll try to shorten it:

Monday: College 9-4 (free for 185 mins), travel 4-6, gym 6-7:30, Thai boxing 7:30-9, 9-11 revise. Revision and frees = economics 305 mins.

Tuesday: College 9-4 (free for 170 mins), 4-6 travel, gym 6-8, 8-11 revise. Revision and frees = politics 290 mins, accounting 60 mins.

Wednesday: College 9-3 (free for 75 mins), 3-5 travel, revise 5-7, thai boxing 7:30-9, revise 9-11. Revision and frees = 75 mins accounts, 240 mins business.

Thursday: College 9-1:15, 1:15-3 travel, work 3-8:30, 9-11 revise. Revision = 120 mins accounting.

Friday:College 9-2:30 ( free for 60 mins), travel 2:30-4, work 4-8:30, 9-11 revise. Revision and frees = 60 mins cefs, accounting 120 mins.

Saturday: Work 7:30-3, travel 3-4, 4-7 Gym, ***Social time***

Sunday: Work 8:30-3, football 3-5, travel 5-6, revise 6-11. Revision = 120 mins accounting, 60 mins politics, 60 mins economics, 60 mins business.

What do you think about that and any chance with checklists or advice to do more revision on things etc...?

Should I scrap some gym and thai or social time and revise more??

Please help with the checklists though badly.

Thanks in advance

Connor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mono217)
    Right here is my situation...

I'm totally stressed to **** over my exams and my revision!

I have my A level tests in:

Business BS1 and BS2 WJEC
    Economics Unit 1 and Unit 2 AQA
    Accounting Unit 2 AQA
    Government and politics Unit 1 and Unit 2 Edexcel
    Cefs Unit 3 IFS

8 tests all together. I have wrote my self an exam timetable out but have not wrote any checklists for accounting or business or cefs because I havent a clue how to write one for them. ANY HELP???!!!

I can't be bothered typing up my whole time table so I'll try to shorten it:

Monday: College 9-4 (free for 185 mins), travel 4-6, gym 6-7:30, Thai boxing 7:30-9, 9-11 revise. Revision and frees = economics 305 mins.

Tuesday: College 9-4 (free for 170 mins), 4-6 travel, gym 6-8, 8-11 revise. Revision and frees = politics 290 mins, accounting 60 mins.

Wednesday: College 9-3 (free for 75 mins), 3-5 travel, revise 5-7, thai boxing 7:30-9, revise 9-11. Revision and frees = 75 mins accounts, 240 mins business.

Thursday: College 9-1:15, 1:15-3 travel, work 3-8:30, 9-11 revise. Revision = 120 mins accounting.

Friday:College 9-2:30 ( free for 60 mins), travel 2:30-4, work 4-8:30, 9-11 revise. Revision and frees = 60 mins cefs, accounting 120 mins.

Saturday: Work 7:30-3, travel 3-4, 4-7 Gym, ***Social time***

Sunday: Work 8:30-3, football 3-5, travel 5-6, revise 6-11. Revision = 120 mins accounting, 60 mins politics, 60 mins economics, 60 mins business.

What do you think about that and any chance with checklists or advice to do more revision on things etc...?

Should I scrap some gym and thai or social time and revise more??

Please help with the checklists though badly.

Thanks in advance

Connor
    If you are really that stressed I do not see why you would even bother with extra curricular activities during the weeks coming up to your exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeebus42)
    If you are really that stressed I do not see why you would even bother with extra curricular activities during the weeks coming up to your exams.
    Because aparently you are meant to have free time and exercise according to all the articles I have read on like helium etc... What do you reccomend then?

ReputationRep:
    Looking at your timetable makes me stress out...lol

Just cut down your sleep. But can you really follow your timetable? It seems a bit too stringent, at least for my taste.

ReputationRep:
    aww you poor thing. Calm down. Don't go thai boxing. Pick up the books. Do solid work til you think youve done enough for that day and then you can sleep happily. please don't stress though. and rememeber the fact that you ARE stressing shows your passion for success and is a good sign, nothing to be worried about but is actually a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    aww you poor thing. Calm down. Don't go thai boxing. Pick up the books. Do solid work til you think youve done enough for that day and then you can sleep happily. please don't stress though. and rememeber the fact that you ARE stressing shows your passion for success and is a good sign, nothing to be worried about but is actually a good sign.
    My problem with not going to Thai boxing is they won't allow me to fight then in the next show which I'd love to! You don't have an idea on a Reading list do you? Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacSci)
    Looking at your timetable makes me stress out...lol

Just cut down your sleep. But can you really follow your timetable? It seems a bit too stringent, at least for my taste.
    Cut down sleep??? I currently sleep 11-6, thats what I need do you think it should be 12-6?

ReputationRep:
    Cut down sleep??? I currently sleep 11-6, thats what I need do you think it should be 12-6?
    Actually, yeah. Six hours is a good amount of sleep; you'll get 60 min x 5 days/wk = 300 min extra of revision per week. Start cutting down your sleep gradually so that you don't feel fatigued all of a sudden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MacSci)
    Actually, yeah. Six hours is a good amount of sleep; you'll get 60 min x 5 days/wk = 300 min extra of revision per week. Start cutting down your sleep gradually so that you don't feel fatigued all of a sudden.
    I'll try that. What about social time? What about the gym? What about Thai boxing?

ReputationRep:
    I'll try that. What about social time? What about the gym? What about Thai boxing?
    Keep them. You'll get bored studying and working all the time and eventually, you'll probably not stick to the schedule. As you probably read somewhere, studying for 5 hours straight, doesn't actually mean that you were efficient in 'studying'. Most likely you would've been 'pseudo-studying.'

ReputationRep:
    You are revising for A Levels, not finals. Unless something has changed dramatically in seven years (which it might have....), you need to stop stressing yourself out!

keep the thai boxing - if you like it, it's a good break. and exercise is a good stress reliever. however, the classes are quite long; if you really feel the time pressure, perhaps just go running instead or something. you might have to miss the next show, but there will be others.

dont' cut down on your sleep - you'll end up being a zombie, and staring and your books with nothing going in (thus feeling more stressed).

When i was revising for my A levels, however, the one thing I didn't really have was social time. I figured I could go out when my exams were done.

Don't stress yourself out - it won't help yourself learn. break things down into manageable chunks (though I think this is what you were talking about when you mentioned 'checklists'?), and set yourself achievable targets for each day. try not to think in minutes, as you are. I'm not sure it's helping (AH, I only have 100 more minutes to revise Economics today!).

Anyway...good luck. I do understand your pain - I left revision for my first year exams way to late, and had a horrendous checklist of more-stuff-than-days. but I did get through it, and didn't fail anything. so it can be done BUT - you need to relax, or you'll go mental by June...

ReputationRep:
    If you stress that much and keep that ridiculous a timetable you are going to be one of those people who have a heart attack in the shower.

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you to make that timetable? How much could you have revised during that time? Think about that before you get any more stressed..

When I was doing my A Levels, I made lots of timetables, calculating how much each exam was worth, how much I already knew, EVERYTHING.

But in actual fact it's better just to revise and complete practice papers until you're happy with the results you're getting. Are you going to stop revising a topic if you don't understand it still, just because your timetable tells you it's time? Didn't think so, so there's not much point in it.. just use whatever spare time you have to get your head down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    If you stress that much and keep that ridiculous a timetable you are going to be one of those people who have a heart attack in the shower.
    I won't get too stressed but I suppose being stressed is better than non at all?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    How long did it take you to make that timetable? How much could you have revised during that time? Think about that before you get any more stressed..

When I was doing my A Levels, I made lots of timetables, calculating how much each exam was worth, how much I already knew, EVERYTHING.

But in actual fact it's better just to revise and complete practice papers until you're happy with the results you're getting. Are you going to stop revising a topic if you don't understand it still, just because your timetable tells you it's time? Didn't think so, so there's not much point in it.. just use whatever spare time you have to get your head down
    I need to write a timetable and stuff to be organised to get things done plus I had the time on my hands I'd just finishing studying my Chinese *I'm currently in china* :d

ReputationRep:
    I find that timetables never work

I revise what I feel I need to do at the time yes timetables are depressing

I might feel like I need to do some chemistry, then I might do some maths, then physics. Depends what I need etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilyking)
    I find that timetables never work

I revise what I feel I need to do at the time yes timetables are depressing

I might feel like I need to do some chemistry, then I might do some maths, then physics. Depends what I need etc
    I need to be organised sorry

ReputationRep:
    I need to be organised sorry
    I'm in the same boat really, I just keep thinking of how I revised for my Unit 1s but I only had two exams then so that doesn't help =/
    I know what I need to do, it's fitting it all in that's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsGood)
    I'm in the same boat really, I just keep thinking of how I revised for my Unit 1s but I only had two exams then so that doesn't help =/
    I know what I need to do, it's fitting it all in that's the problem.
    How long do you have and how many tests?

ReputationRep:
    Calm down - your timetable's too packed in my opinion. Cut down on the extra curricular activities on the weeks leading to your exams, and then continue with them afterwards. This will give you a lot more time to spread out your revision and relax more.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.