Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Bible or Quran? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The scenario is you're freezing, you're snowed in a library and the powers gone out. The library is full of Bibles and Qurans, all you have in your pocket is a box of matches. If you had to burn either a pile of Bibles or a pile of Qurans to save your life, which would you burn and why?

The only rule is that you can only burn one or the other, not both.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see this ending well

ReputationRep:
    Bible. Definetely. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Qu'ran. Definitely. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm Muslim so the Qur'ans. It's better burn Allahs name in attempt to save your life than act against another religion.
    This is such a bad explanation but it's the only one I've got atm! lol

ReputationRep:
    How about the thickest book? :L

ReputationRep:
    I'd pick the thickest book to, or the one with the largest volume.

ReputationRep:
    I'd burn you for making such a stupid thread.

ReputationRep:
    The Quran because it contains the most hatred, prejudice and general bull****. The bible isnt much better though I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xEndeavors)
    I don't see this ending well
    Nor do I..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticSkills)
    I'd burn you for making such a stupid thread.
    HAHHAAA << totallly agreeee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by assassin's_creed)
    The scenario is you're freezing, you're snowed in a library and the powers gone out. The library is full of Bibles and Qurans, all you have in your pocket is a box of matches. If you had to burn either a pile of Bibles or a pile of Qurans to save your life, which would you burn and why?

Damn so much racism baiting on here. :mad:

ReputationRep:

The fact is it is a library means there are other books available too. If it was just bibles and Qurans present then it wouldnt be a library, more an erm...religious bookshop?

Burn any other books apart from 2 Holy books - its what any decent individual with morals and even teh slightest bit of decency would do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dealoftheday)
    The fact is it is a library means there are other books available too. If it was just bibles and Qurans present then it wouldnt be a library, more an erm...religious bookshop?

Burn any other books apart from 2 Holy books - its what any decent individual with morals and even teh slightest bit of decency would do
    Haven't you EVER heard of a hypothetical?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KiddyFiddler)
    Damn so much racism baiting on here. :mad:
    Race does not pick a religion for you. If you're a smart person someone of little to no intelligences, I am sure you can choose which religion you'd like to follow.

I am an atheist...I could easily burn either book, doesnt bother me either way.

ReputationRep:
    Qurbible

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you EVER heard of a hypothetical?
    Haven't you EVER heard of realistic? At least make the hypothetical scenario slightly realistic!! I dont know about you - but I can't seem to understand why even hypothetically, a LIBRARY would have loads of copies of just TWO books!

ReputationRep:
    close my eyes, light the match and throw it, whichever it burns, there's your answer.

ReputationRep:
    Neither. I'm a Muslim and I would never burn my Holy Book. Yet, I would not burn the Bible either because we share similar beliefs. Anyhow, WHAT A STUPID THREAD!!!
    The OP clearly wants to be provocative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    I'm Muslim so the Qur'ans. It's better burn Allahs name in attempt to save your life than act against another religion.
    This is such a bad explanation but it's the only one I've got atm! lol
    Are you insane?????????????????????

You're not meant to throw away a piece of paper on which is written Allah, let alone BURN it because you're cold. If you're a true Muslim, then you should know that patience is virtue. So it's better to wait patiently for Allah's mercy.
    If you die, you will die in full knowledge that you respected the word of God.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.