Turn on thread page Beta

David Cameron the best PM since Thatcher watch

ReputationRep:
    I know alot of people won't agree with me on this because at the moment times are tough and people can't go out an waste their money on pointless luxuries anymore. But in reality Cameron is the best PM since Thatcher and we need him to run this country its the only legible option. People have selective memories and don;t like it when they can;t get their own way, which is why most people are in debt in this country because they think money grows on trees.

ReputationRep:
    We think money grows on trees? So does he the way he's giving money away to other countries ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick1sHere)
    We think money grows on trees? So does he the way he's giving money away to other countries ;D
    Yer but thats for trade deals and oil. We need to give money to certain countries for oil and other secretive deals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    I know alot of people won't agree with me on this because at the moment times are tough and people can't go out an waste their money on pointless luxuries anymore.
    No, most people will disagree with you because they don't think Maggie did a lot of good for this country...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flying plum)
    No, most people will disagree with you because they don't think Maggie did a lot of good for this country...
    So giving people the right to buy their council house isnt a good thing??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Great_One)
    So giving people the right to buy their council house isnt a good thing??
    Is that the only thing you can come up with?

Seriously? Is this thread a troll or are you just trying to be ironic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    Is that the only thing you can come up with?

Seriously? Is this thread a troll or are you just trying to be ironic?
    How me whenever theirs polls Lady T always comes out on top then.

ReputationRep:
    Margaret Thatcher or the so called 'Iron Lady' was probably the most dominant female prime minister in the history of the UK. She was a strong leader and didn't take **** from anybody. But there are lots of negative things she did that you'd never thought a lady would do. She won the Falklands war with ease which helped her towards winning her election in the 1980's. She wasn't really a prime minister to me. I'd say she worked in a presidential way including her close relationship with the then American president, Ronald Reagan. She opposed to working with cabinet members by taking matters into her own hands. She sacked lots of her cabinet members aswell and she usually gets information from outsiders. All these led to her defeat when nearly all ministers turned against her.

Cameron is just a complete liar to be honest. Although he is charismatic, popular e.t.c. He is a complete ****. He is against the reform of the electoral system because he knows that the FPTP system has worked well for the Conservatives. I just hope that after the referendums commence on the 5th of may that most people will vote for the electoral reform so the new AV or STV system will replace the single pluralism system. This couldn't have been done without the help of Nick Clegg who in my opinion is a complete liar aswell. If Cameron privatises the NHS, it will have a negative impact on our economy as people might have to start paying to receive treatment.
    I can't for the sake of my life remember any positive thing that Cameron has done to make Britain better since he got in power.

All I'm hoping for is that the electoral reform comes in place so that a lot more political parties can be represented and hopefully labour comes in.

ReputationRep:
    All of the nurses are complaining about cuts but they have no alternative. They just think "no cuts, just leave everything as it is and it will be alright". I seen about 50 people walking around my hospital with badges on and none of them were doing anything. the NHS needs to be shaken up whether the soft people in this country like it or not. Camerons dad didnt become a millionaire by being soft, he made tough decisions that hurt alot of people.

ReputationRep:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick1sHere)
    Under labour we were giving aid money to countries like Russia and China....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hakz*)
    Cameron is just a complete liar to be honest. Although he is charismatic, popular e.t.c. He is a complete ****. He is against the reform of the electoral system because he knows that the FPTP system has worked well for the Conservatives. I just hope that after the referendums commence on the 5th of may that most people will vote for the electoral reform so the new AV or STV system will replace the single pluralism system. This couldn't have been done without the help of Nick Clegg who in my opinion is a complete liar aswell. If Cameron privatises the NHS, it will have a negative impact on our economy as people might have to start paying to receive treatment.
    I can't for the sake of my life remember any positive thing that Cameron has done to make Britain better since he got in power.

All I'm hoping for is that the electoral reform comes in place so that a lot more political parties can be represented and hopefully labour comes in.
    Source for the lies hes told?

Theres been plenty of articles around the internet saying under AV the tories wont gain or lose seats. Labour and LibDems will but no tories.

Cameron isnt selling off the NHS. He wants to make it better. He wants hospitals to compete for a better serivce and quality, it will be payment-by-results. GPs will have control of budgets so they can target care with patient needs more effectively

ReputationRep:
    Anyone is better than Blair and Brown

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NGC773)
    Source for the lies hes told?

Theres been plenty of articles around the internet saying under AV the tories wont gain or lose seats. Labour and LibDems will but no tories.

Cameron isnt selling off the NHS. He wants to make it better. He wants hospitals to compete for a better serivce and quality, it will be payment-by-results. GPs will have control of budgets so they can target care with patient needs more effectively
    Ok, maybe he hasn't told as much lies yet. He did however plan to slow the rate of public spending at first. At this rate we can't even trust any politician. Nick Clegg is a typical example with the tuition fee. The only thing I rate him for was manipulating Cameron towards replacing the FPTP system. Same goes with the UK's uncodified constitution, he doesn't want it changed as he argues that the it should always be based on evolution not revolution. The UK's policies and political principles would be so much better if we adopt a codified constitution like the USA. I also don't think he would reform the House of Lords the way the then Labour party did.

ReputationRep:
    OP, Thatcher actually was voted the second worst PM we've ever had.

NGC773 - This Government is giving money to a country with a space program, so that argument is flawed really. Also, if it's making the NHS better, why are the nurses and doctors AGAINST the reforms? Unless your one of the people who believed Jeremy Hunt who said about 5 different statements and was caught trying to lie..

ReputationRep:
    I went to a Q and A with Simon Hughes the other day, and somebody asked about the money given to Pakistan.

As one of the richest countries, we pledged sometime ago to give a small amount to developing countries and enrichen their economies, so in turn, one day they can enrichen ours. The amount given is tinty and comes from a pot of money set aside for that purpose, it is not money that would go on the NHS etc.

Space program or no, I'm pretty sure our government aren't that keen to give away money to give it to a country that won't benefit from it and in turn, benefit us.

On the subject, how can the OP compare Cameron to Thatcher? I don't dislike Cameron, but what has he really done? Nothing radical that Thatcher did. Love her or hate her, she had balls, and Cameron simply daren't go to far to enrage public opinion - hence the uturn on the NHS and privitization of the forests.

Reform of the HoL is something I am strictly against. I don't want elected representatives that will merely go with public opinion, I want knowledgeable and experienced individuals who know exactly what they are talking about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tulley11)
    OP, Thatcher actually was voted the second worst PM we've ever had.
    NGC773 - This Government is giving money to a country with a space program, so that argument is flawed really. Also, if it's making the NHS better, why are the nurses and doctors AGAINST the reforms? Unless your one of the people who believed Jeremy Hunt who said about 5 different statements and was caught trying to lie..
    Not.

She's currently ranked second best PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori...United_Kingdom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leetay)
    Not.

She's currently ranked second best PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Histori...United_Kingdom
    In which poll? I read a poll somewhere the other day about her being voted one of the worst PM's we've had.

ReputationRep:
    Students don't even know why they hate Thatcher, it's just what they've been told to do all their lives.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ion-today.html

Moving on to Cameron, I can see a few comparisons. He is a political reformer, really the co-alition has done more in their first year than Tony Blair's first five. They are moving along at a speed that most commentators say is faster than Thatchers - and they are tackling issues that even she balked at, such as the NHS. The problem is Cameron's spine more than anything else. You saw today and yesterday - Inflation down, Unemployment down - yes it's early days, but nobody expected either of these indicators. In four years, when the economy is strong and the government can start to bring in more popular policies - tax cuts, tackling the EU, et cetera - you mark my words, TSR will be abuzz with quite sudden conservative converts who will claim to have been a supporter all along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tulley11)
    In which poll? I read a poll somewhere the other day about her being voted one of the worst PM's we've had.
    You may be thinking of when she was voted the worst PM ever in the early 1980s.

All the polls since really the Falklands War have had her in the top 5 best PMs.

If you look at that wikipedia link again you'll see a newsnight online poll of 27,000 people in 2008 placing her as the third best.

There's also another poll from The Politics Show from 2007 placing her in first place with 49% of the vote.

Different polls have her in different places but they've all as I said have her in the top 5

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.