Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I just use a mobile. Never really got used to wearing a watch.

ReputationRep:
    I use my phone. I always used to use a watch, and then the battery died and I just never got around to getting it fixed (2 years on :o:).

ReputationRep:
    I've been wearing a watch every day for about 15 years.

ReputationRep:
    I don't wear a watch or any other unnecessary accessory.

ReputationRep:
    I use my watch to get a general idea of the time, but it's not great for getting the precise time as it's got a rectangular face and no numbers/points to indicate where the numbers would otherwise be ie it's just got the hands. From my watch I'll know the time to the nearest 5 minutes but If I need to know the exact minute then I'll use my mobile.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear a watch, felt horrible when I didn't wear one. However, since my last one broke I've gotten used to using my phone to check the time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    I wear a watch every day, even though I have a mobile that can tell the time. It seems like I'm one of only a few people in my year who wear one
    That is pretty much me.

There are people in my year who wear a watch but then never actually use it to tell the time, they always get their phone out just to see what time it is... weird.

ReputationRep:
    I ask people. Don't like the extra weight, of the phone and of the watch. And because I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seasick Steve)
    I wear a watch every day, even though I have a mobile that can tell the time. It seems like I'm one of only a few people in my year who wear one, when most people just look at their phones when they want to know the time. And also, most people tend to wear theirs as a fashion accessory, I use mine purely as a functional item. In short, I'm interested if watches are going out of fasion now
    Exactly the same as me. Can't do without a watch tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lechaton-x)
    I wear a watch everyday but forget I'm wearing it, therefore I check my phone.
    Me too :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Always wear a watch and get the biggest watch tans in summer

ReputationRep:
    I wear a watch during term time, but otherwise the mobile comes out...

ReputationRep:
    I always have my watch on.. yet still rummage around for my phone when I need to know the time!

ReputationRep:
    I wear a watch. It's so much easier to look at my watch quickly than need to heave my huge BB out of my pocket...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perseverance)
    Exactly the same as me. Can't do without a watch tbh.
    Hehe. I have just realised that I am wearing my watch and using it to tell the time, even though I am sat at a computer screen with a digital time display.

ReputationRep:
    I used to wear a watch all the time, and I'd feel lost if I didn't have it on, but now I just use my phone :erm:

ReputationRep:
    i used to rely on my mobile phone,but my boyfriend recently gifted me this really ancient-old mickey mouse watch which i love wearing.

i always have room in my heart and on my body for mickey, grrrowl.

ReputationRep:
    I dont just wear one watch, I have a small collection and growing.
    Don't know what it is about them that I just love!

Here are a few...

- Uber-Man
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    neither, i just need to look at the position of the sun

ReputationRep:
    I wear a watch, I use it to tell the time rather than my phone. Only time I use my phone for the time is at night when I cannot see my watch.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.