Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm considering studying in Milan or St. Gallen and wanted to get a glimpse of the cultural differences between the two cities and countries.... My expertise on these specific locations is quite limited since I am American, but I have a general idea of Germanic and Italian culture - though not too much knowledge about Northern Italy.

Anyone have some advice?

ReputationRep:
    My nan is Italian and lives in Milan so I can tell you a little about it. The city mostly speaks Italian so don't go there thinking your English is the be all and end all like most Americans. It's a largely cosmopolitan city, much like London, lots of money and wealth, as you'd expect for Italy it's got the finest restaurants, great clubs and good nightlife. Things are VERY expensive there, my friend and I paid around 15 euros for 2 beers, which is around 30 USD I believe? Not much else I can say really, it's just like any other city, it's got its nice bits and bad bits. I prefer the Italians to the Germans myself, Germans seem somewhat brash and rude where as Italians are much more friendly. PM me if you want to know anything else

ReputationRep:
    Go for Milan :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.