Brain Tumour/Stroke? Watch

Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi all,

I'm really really concerned about my Mum. Last night she was sitting reading in her armchair and suddenly started making these weird noises, a bit like "hm." "hm." and glancing over at the wall every time she did. She had this weird, vacant smile and when Dad asked her "what are you saying?" she kept repeating "I don't know what I'm saying..." whilst occasionally making the "hm" noise. It scared us both to death, this lasted about 5 minutes and we just couldn't get through to her. If anything she was more responsive to me than to my Dad, I got her to look at him and I tried to see whether she was responsive by saying "give me the magazine". She didn't give it to me, I just took it in the end but she did sort of notice

Also, my Dad came upstairs later and told me that this has happened before. A few weeks back apparently she did the same thing but just making weird noises and he couldn't get through to her. She says now she remembers nothing, and she's totally back to normal again. I'm hoping my Dad will be able to persuade her to go to the doctors, because this could be something really serious..

Has anyone ever heard of these symptoms before? Sorry for the essay!
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it's got better, it's not a stroke. It's definitely worth paying attention to though, could be a TIA ("mini-stroke") or a form of epilepsy. Get her to see a doctor.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (762)
90.39%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise