Turn on thread page Beta

Not sure if I like like this guy any more. Is this a really shallow reason? Help. watch

Some times I really like this guy, and he's a perfect match personality wise etc. But some times, I really don't know if I want him to be my boyfriend. Why?

- He's one of those shy guys, the ones who take ages to open up and actually realise that a girl can like them. I love strong confident guys. He is confident, just not all the time.
    - Some times he shows his emotions too easily. Some times, he's too sweet and he makes it too obvious that he likes me. It makes me cringe at times.
    - Once, I jokingly accused him of eyeing up another girl, it was a JOKE, and he got really, really upset. His face was just sad stricken and he asked me if I ever thought he would do that to me. :facepalm:

Otherwise, he's wonderful

We're in the last stages before actually getting together and there's no backing out. Part of me wonders if I'm actually put off him or if I'm being really picky because he's the first boyfriend I've had in 19 years of life.

ReputationRep:
    you need to cut him some slack, and go easy on yourself too, give the poor guy a chance..

ps. he might also sound like he can and will easily catch feelings, so if you aint in it for the long haul i wouldnt bother...

ReputationRep:
    He sounds very sincere.

All he is guilty of is too much love!

this is creepy, this sounds exactly like my life at the moment!

(Original post by righteous)
    He sounds very sincere.

How do I tell him to calm down without bruising his ego?

ReputationRep:
    Aw seems like hes really sweet..you should consider all of these as his good qualities..Its not often you find a great guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    you aren't the guy this thread is about are you

ReputationRep:
    How do I tell him to calm down without bruising his ego?
    Keep reassuring him that you genuinely want to be with him and I'm sure he'll eventually ease off.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a needy wuss

ReputationRep:
    We're in the last stages before actually getting together and there's no backing out. Part of me wonders if I'm actually put off him or if I'm being really picky because he's the first boyfriend I've had in 19 years of life.
    1) There is no 'last stage' you can back out whenever you want.

2) You obviously don't like him that way.

3) Don't hook up with him just because you've never had a boyfriend and you're getting frustrated with unrealistic standards. If you don't like someone like that you just don't like them that way. Move on.

(Original post by Studentus-anonymous)
    1) There is no 'last stage' you can back out whenever you want.

2) You obviously don't like him that way.

3) Don't hook up with him just because you've never had a boyfriend and you're getting frustrated with unrealistic standards. If you don't like someone like that you just don't like them that way. Move on.
    I've already told him how I feel about how. How **** would it me of me to say "no, i've changed my mind sorry". even if I do that, I know I'll run back to him because I'll still have feelings for him and still want to be his girlfriend.
    But I do like him in a romantic way.

ReputationRep:
    He sounds like a really nice guy to be honest.
    You have to remember that when it comes to dating guys find us a lot more confusion than we like them.

I have dated guys like this and felt like this before and it only didn't work out because I wasn't honest with him about how I was feeling.

There won't be a way to talk to him without hurting him but it'd be better to hurt him a little bit now and try and sort it out than by hurting him a lot more later if you broke it off with him.

Honesty is the best policy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by righteous)
    He sounds very sincere.

s'cuse me?

What are you going to do about it?

ReputationRep:
    if you don't want him, i'll have him.

ReputationRep:
    I've already told him how I feel about how. How **** would it me of me to say "no, i've changed my mind sorry". even if I do that, I know I'll run back to him because I'll still have feelings for him and still want to be his girlfriend.
    But I do like him in a romantic way.
    Well carry on as normal then. But FYI you are free to change your mind even if it hurts him. No-one is obliged to be with anyone.

The problem seems to be you think he needs to lighten up a bit, be a bit less sensitive, a bit more fun or something?

Start trying to do more fun things with him, maybe at some point in a convo mention a friend who was being a bit too clingy/over-sensitive and laugh and say how silly you think that is.

I dunno, just find a way to gently break him out of his 'relationship-is-seriouz-buzineszz' bubble.

ReputationRep:
    I think he can do better and needs to find some who likes him for who he is.

(Original post by Dutchman81)
    I think he can do better and needs to find some who likes him for who he is.
    I do like him though. I do.

What are you going to do about it?
    i kind of feel like i'm just being with him to be nice sometimes, but then there's no actual reason for me not to like him because he's so nice!

i think i'm just going to see how it goes... i'm not sure whether it's just me being nervous never having had a boyfriend or whatever. but i don't want to just let him go and and then regret it for the rest of my days!

and if it doesn't work out... i guess i've learnt for the future.

i kind of feel like i'm just being with him to be nice sometimes, but then there's no actual reason for me not to like him because he's so nice!

i think i'm just going to see how it goes... i'm not sure whether it's just me being nervous never having had a boyfriend or whatever. but i don't want to just let him go and and then regret it for the rest of my days!

and if it doesn't work out... i guess i've learnt for the future.
    haha this is like reasoning with myself. i think i'm going to see how it goes as well. I hope to combat his senstivity!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.