Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KAT =))
    WOW. Okay, I didn't realise that everyone thought it was this bad?! Considering that I don't really want to go to any of the Russell Group Universities (felt like I had to put it in capitals there ) what other universities would accept it? Thanks for you help in advance!
    Why do you not want to go to an RG uni? It seems silly to narrow your choices whilst in yr11. As far as the IB goes all universities accept it, however very few give offers which are equivalent to the A-Level offers they give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escocia)
    Yeah, you would. But you can just register with your IB coordinator to resit the exams you failed at the next sitting, and you basically have all the time between the May exams and the November exams to focus on only the subjects you're resitting and only go in to college on the days you have exams.
    You don't even have to do the resits at your own college, if you're moving you can register with a different college and still do the resits.
    Ah okay. It's a bit more messing around than A-levels but at least you have the chance to redo exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Why do you not want to go to an RG uni? It seems silly to narrow your choices whilst in yr11. As far as the IB goes all universities accept it, however very few give offers which are equivalent to the A-Level offers they give.
    Yeah, just looked up what the RG uni's were.. for some reason I thought it was just Oxbridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escocia)
    If you're really stumped as to what you want to do in the future, then IB is probably best so you're not limited (and you can become a all-rounded individual ). But if you know roughly what you want to do at uni then save yourself some work and do A levels.

One of the biggest problems that you'll find with IB is that if theres a subject you're not particularly strong at it can seriously pull down your final grade. Also, TOK. My exams start next week and I still don't understand why I was forced to endure that subject.

Thats not true. You can resit any IB exams that you've failed in the next sitting, so if you fail a May exam you can resit in November. Then, provided you pass the second time, the score is just added to your total.
    are you aware that you have 'frimed' Glasgow? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    are you aware that you have 'frimed' Glasgow? :P
    Uhh... I was just testing you?

lol, Thanks for that, I'll just change it

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.