Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm a size 10 5 ft 9 girl, but i'm also a student which means I'm not doing so well on the whole "having cash to burn" front and right now I'm stuggling.

I'm fine for t-shirts but I can only really find jeans, skirts and dresses in the tall section of places like New Look and normally they're not what i'd want to wear and the choice is so limited!

Does anyone know other places that might give me more of a choice?

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered making your own clothes? A simple skirt is very easy to make, and if you wanted to try anything more complicated you could ask for help in the needlework society.

If you don't want to do that have you tried looking online?

ReputationRep:
    New Look do 28, 30, 32 and 34 leg jeans in the normal jeans section. I don't know how long your legs are but have a look in there

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Topshop and Dorothy Perkins and all those types of stores have a tall range, but I understand what you mean about the price and lack of style. Best bet is online I guess? I just typed it into google and here are some listings.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...for+tall+women

God bless the internet and it's solutions for everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
    i am 6'2 and 40'' leg! :'D

please! spare some sympathy for overgrown females like me!
    zomgz you're like an inch below me 0_o

but yeah op, H&M do nice stuff for tall girls/women

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'10 and never have a problem (apart from tights/hosiery).

ReputationRep:
    Hahah thanks everyone, maybe it's just my area that has limited shopping choices for mutants -erm i mean, overgrown females.
    Gonna have a look at those sites too! Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'11" and don't have this problem - even Primark have a tall range now! Just shop around, checking online is always a good way of finding out who do a tall range.

I'm 5ft 9, and I have no problems getting jeans/trousers. Try going to a GAP outlet, where jeans are retailed @ £40, but are usually on a 30% off! They are good quality, LONG and last for agessss.

ReputationRep:
    I am 5'9-5'10", do not really have too big a problem with trousers/jeans there is quite a good selection nowdays but tops are often short on me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 6'6" and never have a problem either.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.