Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Andrew, a 2nd year undergrad studying for end of year exams.

I've heard of people dictating their notes, recording their voice and playing it back to themselves while they sleep so that they can learn subliminally (I think that's the right usage of the word anyway), has anyone any experience of this? Does it work? Have you any good tips to make it work?

Any advice at all is welcome.

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't work. Of course it doesn't.

Sorry.

(Original post by andrew300591)

I've heard of people dictating their notes, recording their voice and playing it back to themselves while they sleep so that they can learn subliminally (I think that's the right usage of the word anyway), has anyone any experience of this? Does it work? Have you any good tips to make it work?

I don't have any experience of this (I used to re-read my notes for GCSEs/A Levels until I could pretty much recite them), but I guess it depends on the subject. Whilst it may be helpful to get large quantities of material into your head, it could be counterproductive if your answers look too rehearsed and not sufficiently related to the question you're being asked. That's certainly been my problem in terms of writing Law answers - I'm so used to using a particular structure that everything looks formulaic. :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrew300591)

There's been studies on this, and experts in sleep (don't know the professional name) always say that you shouldn't give your brain forced stimulus whilst you sleep, since it affects the brain's ability to reach 'deep' sleep. Affects are mild, such as a dependancy on this stimulus in order to go to sleep, but there aren't any noted benefits.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.