The Student Room Group

Electric drum kit in halls

Will I be instantly hated? They make as much sound as the guitar hero/rock band ones.

Obviously with headphones!
(edited 13 years ago)
If you're considerate to your flatmates and don't play it loudly at 2 am, you should be fine.
You could get one of those electronic ones (sorry don't know what they're called) and plug headphones in?
Unless you actually want a proper drum kit, these could be quite useful :smile:

Edit: i'm so confused, did you change the title, or did I completely misread your post :lol:
If you had one of these, and headphones, I can't see what the issue would be :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Ask your flatmates if there's any particular time of day they'd rather you didn't play at, work out what time will bother the least people and stick to playing then.

By the way rooms in halls can be pretty small, are you sure there'll even be room for your kit?
depends on your room, i can play music ridiculously loudly in mine. nobody else can hear a thing. thank god for soundproofing.

doubt an electronic drumkit makes that much noise. don't see an issue with it at all :/
they're really not that loud
I think it would be fine. Obviously let your flatmates know that you've got them, it's just courteous isn't it, and I can't imagine they'd have any problems.
There was a guy in my halls who brought an actual drum kit with him. Needless to say he wasn't well liked D: I think you'll be perfectly fine with yours. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending