Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I met this girl in a bar the other day and we hit it off, i gave her my number and she didnt text for like three days! Now she texts me some random crap about did i have a good night , i think she expects a rapid response but having sobered up its not worth the effort

ReputationRep:
    if you didnt text him or 2 days, why is it rude that he hasnt replied in 2 days???

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you are desperate if you're asking TSR why a guy hasn't texted you back.

All you texted him was did he have a good night? It took you three days to text that? No one is that busy, it takes 30 seconds to write that text out. All you were doing was trying to look non-desperate/hard to get and it completely backfired in your face.

Clearly he has lost interest, if he ever had any, so learn from this and move on and next time, text sooner.

ReputationRep:
    well yes ok i could have maybe texted him earlier...

whatever, if he doesnt text back he doesnt text back

ReputationRep:
    Phobia 27- and no i'm not desperate. as i said in the post. im so happy being single and i dont want a serious relationship at the mo.
    I am however very impatient and hate not knowing, hence why i thought i would ask TSR just to get a few honest opinions as most of my friends (like most girl friends) would probably sugar coat it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    Er, yeh. You contacted him a few days after you met. If he knows anything about girls at all, it's to wait at least as long as you did before replying. If he'd replied five minutes after you sent the thing, would you not have been a bit creeped out?

Either he's interested and doesn't want you to think he's a desperate no-hoper, or he's not interested. You can't really conclude anything.
    If I reply to a text that quickly and it creeps a girl out, to be honest I don't think things would work out and I'd be glad to find out that even as friends, we would probably have a hard time of it.

ReputationRep:
    His wife saw the text and he is probably underneath the floorboards leaving an awful smell.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I wouldn't bother contacting him again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    If I reply to a text that quickly and it creeps a girl out, to be honest I don't think things would work out and I'd be glad to find out that even as friends, we would probably have a hard time of it.
    I'm afraid that's the way it is in my experience. If I took your line I'd get nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

He didn't text me back because I was 'too busy' to text him :cry:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Get a grip woman!

ReputationRep:
    run out of credit?

ReputationRep:
    This is why you should always call in these circumstances, not text, we are not 15 anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by st_23)
    Haha i like your thinking, pretty much how i think. I'd make sure I wait like half a day to a day before i texted to as to not seem desperate
    Exactly. And I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'm always more attracted to a guy if he keeps me waiting a bit!

ReputationRep:
    So you don't text him for two days and think that's fine.

Then get upset when he takes his time replying.

0.o

Women, are actually insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by q1w2e3r4t5y6)
    no if i'm not interested i wont text at all! i waited 2 days, so don't think thats really too much of an issue.
    I would find it an issue.

One of the highest things I value in a woman is punctuality. She says she's going to be at a place on time, she is. She says she's going to call, she is.

I have broken off contact with people for delaying. If I'm not worth your time, you're not worth mine. I just see such people as vapid airheads who aren't worth befriending.

ReputationRep:
    I am sure someone has said this but i cant be bothered to read all the posts. If you waited a few days to text him then why cant he wait a few days to text you?!

ReputationRep:
    I do that quite a lot but its always for the same reason. He may have been more drunk than you think and he just cant remember what you look like; he might have asked his mates and they might have said you weren't that fit or he does remember and in his sober state he realises you aren't as fit as he thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    This is why you should always call in these circumstances, not text, we are not 15 anymore.
    The problem is phone conversations necessarily entail awkwardness. You can't see the person, you can hear their tone, then the phone line can break up, "what?" "what?" "no, what did you say before what?" "WHAT???".

Different advantages and disadvantages really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    The problem is phone conversations necessarily entail awkwardness. You can't see the person, you can hear their tone, then the phone line can break up, "what?" "what?" "no, what did you say before what?" "WHAT???".

Different advantages and disadvantages really.
    Lol. That doesn't normally happen though ay? I think phone conversations are way more natural, you can understand sarcasm/tone of voice a lot better, and there is none of this 'how long should I wait to reply?' and 'God he hasn't replied and it's been 30 minutes' stuff

ReputationRep:
    without sounding arrogant i'm 'fitter' then him in terms of looks.
    its just frustrating cos we clicked, havn't had such a long in-depth interesting convo with a guy in so long, usually go out and end up meeting idiots who ask 'so are you single then' within the first 2 mins. We spoke for hours. and neither of us were wasted, had a few drinks each.
    hmm. obviously i read the wrong signals or something.
    just a shame could have had a good little thing going on..

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.