Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Lol. That doesn't normally happen though ay? I think phone conversations are way more natural, you can understand sarcasm/tone of voice a lot better, and there is none of this 'how long should I wait to reply?' and 'God he hasn't replied and it's been 30 minutes' stuff
    Well, I think you're over simplifying it.

ReputationRep:
    He was bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Well, I think you're over simplifying it.
    It's a phone call, you're not supposed to over analyse every single aspect!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    It's a phone call, you're not supposed to over analyse every single aspect!
    I'm not over analysing specific phone calls, I'm analysing phone calls as a whole and the issues that can occur that make them awkward. Everyone reacts differently to them etc.

You're making it look as if there are no disadvantages to a phone call.
    Bloody Mods! If I were the mod of the world, it'd be a better place

ReputationRep:
    he was drunk and now he just isn't into you. pack up, and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, you didn't give him your number. He's probably locked away in his bedroom think "who the **** text me this".

Remember, you were both drunk!

ReputationRep:
    Go back to the bar every night this week at the same time each day, until the middle of the night. Watch for him. If he shows himself, pounce on him with ferocity.

If he does not show himself, enter his phone number into the Facebook search bar and hope he's one of the idiots who includes it on his profile page. If you find his Facebook account, add it repeatedly until he accepts. If he accepts demand that he meets you and then pounce on him with ferocity.

If he refuses to meet you, or declines you on Facebook, look at his hometown and go there. Set up a tent and spend as long as is necessary camping there while you roam around and ask people if they know him. If someone says they know him, then ask where he lives and go to his house. Kick the door down and pounce on him with ferocity.

If nobody knows him then the only option left is to text every single car's registration plate to a car data check service until one of them shows him as the registered owner. Then all you have to do is abandon your tent and camp on the roof of his car instead. Alternatively you could wait in the back seat or the boot. When he is halfway down the motorway, or opens the boot to place things inside, pounce on him with ferocity.

If all of this fails you could always kill yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one that things the whole waiting 3 days thing is bull ?

I mean if you both hit it of then you know the other person is thinking about you.

What's the point ? Creating the illusion that you are that important that you can't find 30 seconds to send a text to somebody for 3 days ?

Personally I wouldn't text the very next day then do it the day after. Oh and when someone starts texting you waiting any longer than a day to reply doesn't make you "cool" or "hard to get" it makes you rude imo. My mum is a surgeon and she still always texts me back within 5 or 6 hours so I don't know what people claim to do that makes them so "busy"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeekendOffender)
    Go back to the bar every night this week at the same time each day, until the middle of the night. Watch for him. If he shows himself, pounce on him with ferocity.

If he does not show himself, enter his phone number into the Facebook search bar and hope he's one of the idiots who includes it on his profile page. If you find his Facebook account, add it repeatedly until he accepts. If he accepts demand that he meets you and then pounce on him with ferocity.

If he refuses to meet you, or declines you on Facebook, look at his hometown and go there. Set up a tent and spend as long as is necessary camping there while you roam around and ask people if they know him. If someone says they know him, then ask where he lives and go to his house. Kick the door down and pounce on him with ferocity.

If nobody knows him then the only option left is to text every single car's registration plate to a car data check service until one of them shows him as the registered owner. Then all you have to do is abandon your tent and camp on the roof of his car instead. Alternatively you could wait in the back seat or the boot. When he is halfway down the motorway, or opens the boot to place things inside, pounce on him with ferocity.

If all of this fails you could always kill yourself.
    Scrap my first piece of advice. Do all of the above OP.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he had beer goggles on or even a girl at home.

I've got a question...

Why do girls generalise lads from the actions of a few wasters they've had experiences with?? "why do boys do this..."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by q1w2e3r4t5y6)
    So.
    I met a really nice guy out one night out at a bar but its a nice sophisticated bar not like walkabout or revs or somewhere. we spent a good couple of hours just the two of us sat down chatting away, we were both tipsy but a good amount of drunk. We got on really well, im 21 and hes a bit older then me so seemed pretty mature.
    he put his number in my phone, i didnt ask for his number so he obv thought there was enough chemistry there to give me his number, i didnt give him mine.
    when we were parting ways he was like 'oh you have my number give me a text or something'.

after that i had a really busy few days so didnt get round to contacting him until a few days after we had met.
    i gave him a really casual text asking him if he'd enjoyed the night.
    this was two days ago and no reply.
    tbh, i dont particularly want a relationship at the moment, i feel confident just being alone and im not desperate for male attention... however i did hit it off with this guy.
    WHY did he give me his number, ask me to text him, ditch his friends and stay with me the whole night if he wasnt interested?
    im not niaeve i know the chances are he just wants sex.

its just pissing me off that he hasnt replied. its just a bit rude more than anything else.

comments please/why do boys do this/do you think he will reply/should i never contact him again or send another text sometime....
    cheers
    maybe he's busy and thinks you only want him for sex

ReputationRep:
    Probably forgot about it, and then thought some random person had texted him and ignored it.. ^_^

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.