Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I wonder if you could kindly advice me. Is it possible to transfer from one medical school (uk) to another medical school (uk)? Would there be an issue with funding? I would like to transfer as my grandmother is ill so perfer to be closer to home and the medical school I am at are very unfair towards me.
    At the moment I am a thrid year student
    Many Thanks

mu7861

ReputationRep:
    Outside of the Oxbridge/St Andrews clinical transfers, this happens very, very rarely, and would depend on which school you wanted to transfer from and to and your reasons for doing so. It sounds very callous of me, but lots of students have sick grandparents (both mine deteriorated and died during the course of my degree) and unless you're their main carer and the rest of your family/social services can't cope without you, I'm not sure how much consideration you'd get. It can't hurt to ask though.

ReputationRep:
    There is no harm in trying but it's rare for transfers to take place especially after third year. I don't know if any school would take you after you have done 1st year of clinics.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.