I have two questions about history (GCSE History B AQA):
1) I've recently lost my entire history folder containing all my work from September 2010, and my exam is on the 7th June 2011. I know if I work hard enough, I will probably have enough time to re-do all my work. But I am stressing out majorly, so to make sure I have all the topics.
Origins of World War I:
- Morrocan Crises
- Balkan Crisis
- Events leading up to August 1914 (after assassination)
- Assassination of Archduke
- Schliefflen Plan, Plan 17 etc
- Arms Race
Peacemaking 1918-1919 and the League of Nations:
- Paris Peace Conference
- Treaty of Versailles
- Smaller treaties
- League of Nations (aims, structure, etc)
- Success and failures of the League
- Abyssinian Crisis
- Manchurian Crisis
Hitler's foreign policy and the road to WWII:
- Six Steps to War
- Locarno Treaty
- Kellogg-Briand Pact
- Spanish Civil War
- Anti-Comintern Pact
- Nazi-Soviet Pact
If there's any more you can think of, please post topics as soon as possible!
2) I'm re-writing my Origins notes, and I can't think of the word for the feeling of enclosure the Triple Alliance felt because of the geographical position of the Triple Entente - I'm sure there's a certain word for it! If you can help, please do!
Sorry about such a long post, and thanks for any help you can give!
Thanks and sorry again,
x Turn on thread page Beta
History - help! watch
- Thread Starter
- 13-04-2011 13:41
- 14-04-2011 16:26
Go on Google and type in John D Clare, use his website, its a great website that contains all the history notes you are studying. He also has some revision sheets you may consider printing to help you revise.
Answer to the second question, I don't recall a special word for it.
Good luck, don't panic you still have time
- Thread Starter
- 14-04-2011 16:32
Thank you - I managed to find out the word ("encirclement"). The John D Clare website is really good, especially with sources!