Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have two questions about history (GCSE History B AQA):

1) I've recently lost my entire history folder containing all my work from September 2010, and my exam is on the 7th June 2011. I know if I work hard enough, I will probably have enough time to re-do all my work. But I am stressing out majorly, so to make sure I have all the topics.

Origins of World War I:

- Morrocan Crises
    - Balkan Crisis
    - Events leading up to August 1914 (after assassination)
    - Assassination of Archduke
    - Schliefflen Plan, Plan 17 etc
    - Alliances
    - Arms Race

Peacemaking 1918-1919 and the League of Nations:

- Paris Peace Conference
    - Treaty of Versailles
    - Smaller treaties
    - League of Nations (aims, structure, etc)
    - Success and failures of the League
    - Abyssinian Crisis
    - Manchurian Crisis

Hitler's foreign policy and the road to WWII:

- Six Steps to War
    - Re-armament
    - Rhineland
    - Sudetenland
    - Saarland
    - Anschluss
    - Locarno Treaty
    - Kellogg-Briand Pact
    - Spanish Civil War
    - Anti-Comintern Pact
    - Nazi-Soviet Pact

If there's any more you can think of, please post topics as soon as possible!

2) I'm re-writing my Origins notes, and I can't think of the word for the feeling of enclosure the Triple Alliance felt because of the geographical position of the Triple Entente - I'm sure there's a certain word for it! If you can help, please do!

Sorry about such a long post, and thanks for any help you can give!

Thanks and sorry again,

Go on Google and type in John D Clare, use his website, its a great website that contains all the history notes you are studying. He also has some revision sheets you may consider printing to help you revise.

Answer to the second question, I don't recall a special word for it.

Good luck, don't panic you still have time

Thank you - I managed to find out the word ("encirclement"). The John D Clare website is really good, especially with sources!

Thanks again,

What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.