Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Aaaarrggghhhh Another year and another SF screw up watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I should be used to the pure incompetence of student finance by now but they still manage to surprise me with the level that they can lower themselves by.

You would have thought that by this point in the 10/11 calendar they couldn't screw anything up but they've managed to do it.

I'm entitled to a special support grant that was approved last July for 10/11, I had the relevant notification letter saying so. I had another notification letter the middle of Jan this year stating that I was still entitled to the special support grant, and then another stating the same the middle of Feb. Then all of a sudden the middle of March they (for no apparent reason) changed it from a special support grant to a maintenance grant.

I phoned SF once I'd received this letter and they said they couldn't find the relevant paperwork to support the special support grant. Whilst on the phone they went off and found the relevant paperwork and informed me that they would forward it to the relevant team.

That was 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Just phoned again for the umpteenth time (as they say it will take a few days) and guess what, they forwarded it to the wrong team 3 1/2 weeks ago so nothing has been done. They have now apparently forwarded it to the correct team for evaluation.....

What's even more annoying is that they've already sorted my 11/12 special support grant even though I've specifically told them that its the 10/11 grant that needs changing every time I've phoned. Now I have to wait another 7 - 10 days before I can find out if they've managed to undo something that they shouldn't have even done in the first place.

I really do wish they had people working their that had some level of intelligence so that simple things didn't get messed up, and can resolve issues correctly.

Sorry for the rant but SF really do frustrate and annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    I though this was SF = Sinn Fein, now I see its in the Student Finance section.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.