Turn on thread page Beta

Delaying exams due to health problems? watch

I've been plagued by urinary tract infections and I've had it since the beginning of last week, I've been to the doctor, been prescribed antibiotics, which have not worked, I've booked another appointment to see them.

I've decided to let university know about this situation, but because of this infection I've not been able to sleep properly, I'm in constant pain, which has meant I have not been able to revise effectively at all. I've been in bed since then and have to rush to the toilet every few minutes. Even with antibiotics, it takes a while to kick in so I'm not sure when I will feel completely better.

My faculty office is closed for a while for Easter break so I'd like to know whether this is a good cause for requesting my exams and assignments at the beginning of May to be deferred?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if it's the same for university exams, but when I had health issues around the time of my A-Levels, I seem to remember reading that no special consideration is given for conditions that effected your revision time; the health problem has to have impacted the day of the exam.

But don't quote me on that, because the rules might be different for uni exams.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.