Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cristhianfm)
    I haven't received any survey. What kind is it? if I may ask

C
    You firstly give info about yourself, and express your satisfaction during the application and admission process. You finally report your expectations about the uni. and your course. It a survey like this

ReputationRep:
    We should have been informed this week, haven't we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaWintour)
    We should have been informed this week, haven't we?
    Actually yes, we should have been informed by this week but the same thing had occurred last year. The department did not keep its promise and the results were released by the beginning of august. The waiting is litterally killing me

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied for accomodations?

ReputationRep:
    What's the progress report everyone?

I sent them an email today. Let's see what they'll say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptmy)
    Has anyone applied for accomodations?
    I didn't because accomodation was also included on my scholarship application. Students are talking about accomodations on another thread. Maybe you should ask them about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mekagrg)
    I didn't because accomodation was also included on my scholarship application. Students are talking about accomodations on another thread. Maybe you should ask them about it.
    Yeah, I know. I have not, too. I also applied for full scholarships which include accomodations, and without winning full scholarship, I could not afford to.
    However, I doubt that the scholarship just covers expenses for accomodation or it offers us a place. As far as I am concerned, place in Halls of Residence must be applied by students and first come, first served.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptmy)
    Yeah, I know. I have not, too. I also applied for full scholarships which include accomodations, and without winning full scholarship, I could not afford to.
    However, I doubt that the scholarship just covers expenses for accomodation or it offers us a place. As far as I am concerned, place in Halls of Residence must be applied by students and first come, first served.
    Maybe if you decide to go to the uni even without the scholarships(if you weren't awarded), the international office can help you find a place at the international house or something, given that you're an international student?

ReputationRep:
    I was not awarded.

ReputationRep:
    Anna,
    you got a reply already from uwm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jone27)
    Anna,
    you got a reply already from uwm?
    Yes, here is the e-mail:

I regret to inform you that the Scholarships Committee, after great deliberation, has not been able to award you a scholarship for the September 2012 intake. The committee met over a number of days and each case was carefully reviewed. We had a great many applications for a limited number of scholarships, so the competition was particularly intense.

Please be assured that every application was given due consideration. I am sorry that we have to disappoint you and wish you every success in your future.

Please note that all decisions made by the Committee are final and not open to re-consideration.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God! Hope that you have a plan B.

I am really nervous now, especially when checking mail.

ReputationRep:
    Anna,
    Dont worry,its not the end of everything,another door will open else where.I wish you all the best in everything.

All the best Anna.

ReputationRep:
    ptmy,

hi pal,
    Well, no need to lose sleep,everyones nervous now that guys are getting replies.....whatever the result,negative or positive,life has to go on.so just relax.

I wish everyone goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you ptmy and jone27. I don't know what to do anymore. This was my plan C. I was not awarded neither by UCL, neither by Central European College(Hungary). Since 25 of January I am stressed all the time waiting just for results, and now.. I don't know, I'm disappointed and no will for applying to any other university. I'm sick of applying and receiving only negative answers. I don't know where I make mistakes in my applications. I have TOEFL 95, GPA 9,76 out of 10, I passed my essays to teachers so that they can tell me if something's wrong, I don't know. Sorry for expressing my frustration, but this mail was the last drop in the glass.

I hope you'll get what you want, good luck and let me know when you'll know the results.

ReputationRep:
    Best wishes to you!

Totally understand how you feel. Your GPA is really impressive, and I think that with that profile you will soon get scholarships. Cheer up!

I myself failed another scholarship earlier this year. After long time pouring mind and soul on a plan, and finally get nothing. At the time, I was deeply depressed. But time will ease everything and it is ok now.

Although applying for scholarship may bring about unpleasant experience. However, the most important thing that we gain from this process is that we know what we desire and try our best to win them. This makes our life more meaningful.

ReputationRep:
    oh Anna,
    I really feel your frustration,please take heart that all is not lost and cheer up....you've got nice grades and deserve to get a scholarship.Please,just dont give up applying for scholarships,you will get one.I've had disappointments in these scholarships,every time i apply i get negative results,but here i am again trying at uwm.Dont give up Anna.i know its hard but please try once more.
    Norwegian and Australian governments have good scholarships for international students,have a look at them.

I wish you all the best.Will let you know of my result.

ReputationRep:
    Anna, I can understand your feeling now but dont feel upset. With your academic records, you can try with scholarships provided by Australian or American government (Endeavour, ADS, Fulbright) or Chevening (UK). Or if you already have 3 year work experience, try the Netherlands Fellowship programme which will be opened on this 17 July:

http://www.studyinholland.nl/scholar...hip-programmes

Many universities in Australia are now calling applicants for the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS), which you can easily find out more information in their websites. For example, the IPRS offered by Curtin University (Perth, Western Australia)

http://scholarships.curtin.edu.au/sc...hip.cfm?id=130

I do hope that helps. Keep faith and never give up, my dear :X

ReputationRep:
    Ohm thank you, thanks to all of you. I really appreciate your efforts to help me. If you need anything just write to me. All the best

ReputationRep:
    Hello Anna,

I read the entire thread. One of the most important things of this space is that we can find people that actually understand what we are going through. Keep going and don't forget "there are far, far better things ahead than the ones we leave behind".

My best wishes for you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 25, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.