Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    jone27,

hey, I am postgrad applicant.
    good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaWintour)
    If they continue rising the tuition fees (especially for international students) my life-long savings won't be enough. How can a young ambitious person, whose family monthly incomes are 300 euros, continue educational process? To me, this situation looks like the period when kings and queens ruled, and only children with ''blue'' blood could afford studying. It's so frustrating.

Exactly Anna, Even applying for scholarships is costly. I did my IELTS two years back and got 8.0 but the results kind of 'expire' in 2 years right? So I have to take it again. Plus most of the management schools ask for GMAT (specially for MPhils and PhDs) and that also costs a lot. I am from an Asian country and some scholarship providing bodies need our graduate transcript to be 'validated' by some firms by paying money (specially for New Zealand and US scholarships). Sometimes we have to pay application fee and of course courier charges. I paid my UG university to get certified copies of the degree certificate and transcript. So, its all about money isn't it? Very hard once you are married and have a family. Living expenses, food and lodging, transportation everything is so costly. So being ambitious and hard working is not enough. Never knew life was this hard just 6 years ago. :-)

Anyway, we have to keep on trying, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by levyle)
    I am so sorry to hear that. You and I are in the same boat, I graduated in 2005 and have been working since, trying to raise funds but never been able to raise enough. I still haven't heard from the scholarships office, but I doubt I have any chance of getting the scholarship. Don't give up, other opportunities will come up sometime.
    Thanks, good luck with your future endeavours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptmy)
    Today, you receive the result means that they also work on Saturday.
    No I don't think so, I checked the mail on Saturday morning but it had arrived at 11.30 Friday night in my country's time. UK time is about 6 hours early, so they have sent it on Friday afternoon. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy82)
    I'm very sorry, my love. I hope you will find something better soon. I graduated 8 years ago, I hope I will get this chance, I really need it.

Once again, so sorry to hear about your rejection, I know how it feels. *hugs*
    Hi Candy, Thanks. Wish you all the best with your application....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luckymore)
    No I don't think so, I checked the mail on Saturday morning but it had arrived at 11.30 Friday night in my country's time. UK time is about 6 hours early, so they have sent it on Friday afternoon. :-)
    I guess you come from somewhere in South East Asia or East Asia.

ReputationRep:
    someone got anything today?

ReputationRep:
    nothing

I suppose they will also deliberate tomorrow and then finally give us smth!!! it's so tough to wait!

ReputationRep:
    This waiting is way too much. I'm just happy I'm not alone, makes it easier to get through

I wonder if they will finalise tomorrow and then email us later in the day. Or email us on Wednesday onwards? I hate the uncertainty!
    I wish they made a facebook or twitter update to keep us in the loop.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know one person that got scholarship? Or this is fake call for scholarships ?

ReputationRep:
    Oh, there are people that really got the uni scholarships. The uni will announce the scholarship result list on their website. Earlier this thread, guys posted those lists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptmy)
    Oh, there are people that really got the uni scholarships. The uni will announce the scholarship result list on their website. Earlier this thread, guys posted those lists.
    What do you mean by uni scholarships? Aren't we all applying for them?

And do you know anyone who won the international scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candy82)
    What do you mean by uni scholarships? Aren't we all applying for them?

And do you know anyone who won the international scholarship?
    Yeah, I mean the International Scholarships. I saw from the result list, 2-3 of my country fellows won scholarships (full scholarships or full fee waiver) for the Sep 2011 or Jan 2012 session.

But I really don't know them.

ReputationRep:
    Since Monday, Has anyone received any information?

ReputationRep:
    I guess no one has... I am waiting too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptmy)
    Yeah, I mean the International Scholarships. I saw from the result list, 2-3 of my country fellows won scholarships (full scholarships or full fee waiver) for the Sep 2011 or Jan 2012 session.

But I really don't know them.

Where I can find that list?

ReputationRep:
    Last Sessions, they posted on their Website, Category News and Events --> News.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Anna, see the link below. Hope it helps.

http://www.westminster.ac.uk/news-an...arships-awards

ReputationRep:
    has someone tried to call the office?

ReputationRep:
    I just emailed them. Lets see if they reply soon

Phoning them would be great idea! Could someone do that? I can't with the calling costs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 25, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.