Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annushka)
    and also, to cheer you guys up.
    look, we haven't yet been notified that we are unsuccessfull, which means that we are best of the best!
    Yeah you're right! We made it this far in the process

ReputationRep:
    thank you, Olympia.

I suppose it will be next week for sure

ReputationRep:
    Hey good people,...any news??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maya.88)
    Hey good people,...any news??
    none yet my dear......next week i think we'll get some news....how you been?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the outcome should be available next week. Today, I also made a call to the Scholarship House and met a lovely lady who told me that final decision was already made. She also asked me my reference number and after checking something on the system, she told me that she couldnt give me the result of my application through the phone. The outcome would be sent to us next week whether we win or not. I suppose she didnt want to upset me so didnt let me know ((((((. Now I dont really have any hope for wining any award there. :|

Good luck, guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenie0105)
    Yeah, the outcome should be available next week. Today, I also made a call to the Scholarship House and met a lovely lady who told me that final decision was already made. She also asked me my reference number and after checking something on the system, she told me that she couldnt give me the result of my application through the phone. The outcome would be sent to us next week whether we win or not. I suppose she didnt want to upset me so didnt let me know ((((((. Now I dont really have any hope for wining any award there. :|

Good luck, guys.
    queenie0105,
    thanks for calling the office and informing us.....the fact that she didnt tell your outcome doesnt mean you were not awarded,lets just wait and see dear.

Goodluck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queenie0105)

Good luck, guys.
    Much chance that this will be good news. otherwise, she had told you right away.

ReputationRep:
    just curious,anyone,you suspect how many guys are still awaiting results?....2000,1000,500,200?.. huh

ReputationRep:
    I got my result, and didn't make it.

Good luck to all of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ptmy)
    I got my result, and didn't make it.

Good luck to all of you.
    ptmy,
    am really sorry....but dont give up yet buddy,you can try in january again...just keep knocking and the door shall open..

All the best in everything you do.

ReputationRep:
    hii to all! i finally got my reply! i dint get it unfortunately....but fortunately i got it early...i was hoping for this one...now i know the outcome. at least i can go for my other options now. good luck to all those still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    ptmy, and Maisha15, stay strong guys! Don't let this deter you. There is an opportunity out there waiting for you.

Thanks queenie0105 for phoning!! I'm hoping they let all of us know asap, like on monday.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the people who kindly phoned and informed us of when to expect their reply. I'm terribly sorry for everyone who didn't get it, please don't let that discourage. Remember, good things comes to those who wait.

Kindly keep us informed of your outcomes, guys. We need to stick together!

ReputationRep:
    This is symptomatic ! Nobody got positive reply. What's the point? How many scholarships do they give, 5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaWintour)
    This is symptomatic ! Nobody got positive reply. What's the point? How many scholarships do they give, 5?
    I've being wondering about that. For each scholarship, how many winners are there? Maybe like 5 people, tops. Well Im assuming. But 1000s of people apply, its insane.

ReputationRep:
    Got an email yesterday. As I expected, I wasn't awarded.

ReputationRep:
    We should definitely charge them for mental harassment and all the stress we had during these months. This is non-sense ! I can't believe all applicants wasted time, money and health on nothing !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaWintour)
    We should definitely charge them for mental harassment and all the stress we had during these months. This is non-sense ! I can't believe all applicants wasted time, money and health on nothing !
    hahaha we should. If only they could work faster, we would be spared from the severe anxiety issues. All hopes up....for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    luckily, i already have a fully funded scholarship in india for msc....but i wanted to study that particular subject. thank god, i accepted that one...else id be screwed. for all those still waiting, wish u all the best. and for those who dint make it, just keep trying...look for other options. u can get better ones. i heard from many sources that uk is not awarding many scholarships this year...now i thnk it is true. I applied for the mauritian too...im sure nobody got it. i wonder why they advertised it then.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, it is not so bad as I thought.

Do you intend to reapply for scholarships for Jan 2013? I wonder what we need to make change to Statement of Purpose and Reference to improve our application.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.