Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    u??

ReputationRep:
    I am from the Ukraine.

ReputationRep:
    candy, is this the first time you apply for uwm scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annushka)
    candy, is this the first time you apply for uwm scholarship?
    Nope, I applied last year in November for the Jan intake but unfortunately didn't get it.

ReputationRep:
    who got the award?...i missed out but will re-apply for jan.......first time to apply at uwm... to get a regret on fri means i must have fared well considering 4000+ applications.....so guys who are still waiting or just received regrets today or yesterday you're among best of the best.....cheer up and keep your heads up....soon or later you going to get an award...all the best guys!

Maya my dearest,you got a massive chance.....am with you...just relax

ReputationRep:
    yes, jone 27, you are right. we were shortlisted so we are best of the best but with UWM I am done they missed me and I am going to another one. do you have another b plan?

ReputationRep:
    and also is 4000+ a real number of applications or u guessed?)

ReputationRep:
    and also is 4000+ a real number of applications or u guessed?)
    annushka,
    if last year thats the number received or close to that,why should this time round be any different?

ReputationRep:
    yes, jone 27, you are right. we were shortlisted so we are best of the best but with UWM I am done they missed me and I am going to another one. do you have another b plan?
    plan b for now is just to continue working and see if i will re-apply for jan....though i already launched an application at University of Melbourne,Australia.....will wait and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Yes you right jone27, we all the best of the best- thank you dear for hoping with us,..and for the good wishes,..lets see what today holds for us.
    @Candy, nice meeting you, what course are you taking at westminster?

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was about the school. Sorry, but the university is not good, if you're good enough for a scholarship (which I assume is some A grades, maybe not) then just go to a better uni.

ReputationRep:
    mournfulpirate, what do you mean westminster is not good,kindly give us more information on that,..have you studied there and discovered that or what is this based on??and when you say not good,..in what sense?

ReputationRep:
    Even though I got negative response at the beginning of July, I' ve been following this thread 'cuz I wanna know the qualifications of those who got the scholarships. Now I see there is not that kind of person involved in this thread. I had an idea, but I wanted to make a consultation with you guys. Do you find it a good idea to write on the wall of the FB profile of UWM and ask for the people who got scholarships?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaWintour)
    Even though I got negative response at the beginning of July, I' ve been following this thread 'cuz I wanna know the qualifications of those who got the scholarships. Now I see there is not that kind of person involved in this thread. I had an idea, but I wanted to make a consultation with you guys. Do you find it a good idea to write on the wall of the FB profile of UWM and ask for the people who got scholarships?

That's a great idea. I myself want to follow the scholarship process on FB; however, for some restrictions, I could not log onto Facebook both at home and work.

If we know profile of people who won the scholarship, we could make much improvement to ours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaWintour)
    You can get some idea of their profiles by looking through the Scholarships Brochure

http://www.westminster.ac.uk/study/p...3/scholarships

ReputationRep:
    guys I do not know. I think GPA is not as important as motivation and financial need. because I got negative reply yesterday and my GPA was not as impresssive (****ing CEU school) as Anna Wintour's for example so I suppose motivation is our main chance to success.
    maybe they considered my GPA when I was shortlisted. maybe then it plays it's role if they choose among other people.

maya, did you get any reply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maya.88)
    mournfulpirate, what do you mean westminster is not good,kindly give us more information on that,..have you studied there and discovered that or what is this based on??and when you say not good,..in what sense?
    It's not a good university, most students have low grades, Few students with good grasp of English, no history.....

ReputationRep:
    @mournfulpirate,...ok and where is this information from??Have you studied there?or are you in london?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maya.88)
    @mournfulpirate,...ok and where is this information from??Have you studied there?or are you in london?

I have a friend that went there. I've spent time living in London, am now elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympya)
    i just got an email. i didnt get it goodluck maya

I'm so sorry to hear that Olympya. I was reading this thread for a few days now and was happy to see that few of you guys were holding up till the end. I was honestly hoping that you and Maya would get this, and now to hear this? :-(

Anyway, I'm sure you are not giving up type. Everything happens for best and it will be proven to you.... What I believe is that if we do good, we will receive good. So, don't give up and try for other universities as well. Good luck!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 25, 2015

University open days

1. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.