Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know - that's why I'm asking -

ReputationRep:
    has anyone been accepted? good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    herra are you undergrad or postgrad?

ReputationRep:
    postgrad - you?

ReputationRep:
    undergrad, does anyone know anybody that got undergrad scholarship?

ReputationRep:
    At last got a reply but ............

I regret to inform you that the Scholarships Committee, after great deliberation, has not been able to award you a scholarship for the September 2011 intake. The committee met over a number of days and each case was carefully reviewed. We had a great many applications, over 2500, for a limited number of scholarships, so the competition was particularly intense this year.

Please be assured that every application was given due consideration. I am sorry that we have to disappoint you and wish you every success in your future.

ReputationRep:
    i am an undergrad and i got the answer of not being successful. totally expected it. but nyways, would like to wish u guys the best of luck for those still waiting. God speed my friends. we shall meet sometime!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, did you receive a letter or did they send you an email? thx.

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,
    For those who already received answers saying they weren't awarded a Westminster scholarship, did you get a letter in the mail, or did you receive the news by email? Thanks and good luck!!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys - why do some receive emails and not all?

And did anybody got an successfull answer??

ReputationRep:
    @herra: I suppose that u will get just one answer for all scholarships. I think they look at ur application ans they select which of the scholarships u applyed for are fit u best. they will not asses 2500 applicants times 5 or more (for each ot the sholarships..

ReputationRep:
    Finally the waiting is over I was unsuccessful, I received the news by e-mail. Wish you good luck to all other guys. Thats not the end of the world i`m going to defer my place to January and reapply for the scholarships. I now want to polish up my application.:cool:

ReputationRep:
    eddie u undergrad bra? same here man, sht just didnt go our way this time.

ReputationRep:
    Are people still getting responses? I haven't received any word yet.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received any response yet as well, still waiting like many others... as far as i know no one has got any email today yet; do you know about someone doing postgraduate course and being successful?

ReputationRep:
    @evika, @herra is postgrad and got response saying that they didn't get it. What course are you doing?

I thought they'd just email everyone at once that didn't get it. I know that there's around 2500 of us wating on an answer but it should be fairly easy to send a mass email saying 'sorry you didn't get it etc etc...' instead of a couple of hundred being told each day.

ReputationRep:
    Did you get an email or regular mail? thx this is ridiculous especially for international students on a timeline to apply for visas, etc.

ReputationRep:
    i talked to a guy today and he said he's got an email about being patient that he'll soon get the final decision;
    i'm doing conference and events management...

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Who have recieved an email? Did they forget about me? I havent got any mssg from UWmin.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 25, 2015
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. University of Westminster
    All Departments will be open. Undergraduate
    Sat, 10 Nov '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.