Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil McCrakin)
    ' Outline a possible research enquiry to investigate either the socio economic or environmental impacts of planting mangrove forests all along the Bangladesh coastline '
    (10 marks)

Please will somebody write a plan for answering this question? Id be really stuck on what to write.
    Same, anybody have an idea if we do just one of the ideas from one of the questions in the zigzag booklet?

ReputationRep:
    Nah, they would never let you take your own booklet into the exam, I think that would be a little too easy to cheat? haha

And im sure they would have a spare anyway
    All previous years at my school have had to take their own in...last year someone forgot and had to do the whole exam without a booklet as they did't provide extra's. However it might be different from school to school.

ReputationRep:
    ' Outline a possible research enquiry to investigate either the socio economic or environmental impacts of planting mangrove forests all along the Bangladesh coastline '
    (10 marks)

Please will somebody write a plan for answering this question? Id be really stuck on what to write.
    I dont know how i would answer this but i know what id say about mangroves.
    For Mangrove's :
    - protects from storm surge
    - protects the chars from erosion
    - are biodegradeable
    - are the habitat for a number of species, not to mantion the endagered bengal tiger

Against Mangroves :
    - farmers need the land
    - farmers need the flood water for rice paddies
    - the mangroves can be used for fuel or materials to build flood shelters and rasied houses

If i got this question i would state my hypothesis (Socioeconomic - cultivation of mangrove swamps will benefit the people or Environmental - cultivation of the mangrove swamps will not benefit the environment) and elaborate on them
    Probably ask the people who will be effected (questionaires, interviews, etc)
    Pros and cons
    what else...

horrid question!

Also think of the cost involved for all the mangrove! Would it be most economically friendly to let the land flood or build the defences all along the coast line....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economics41)
    All previous years at my school have had to take their own in...last year someone forgot and had to do the whole exam without a booklet as they did't provide extra's. However it might be different from school to school.
    definitely different from school to school - in ours everyone gets a brand new one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economics41)
    make your mind up guys, i dont know whether i should patch up my booklet or not...i mean looking at it right now, theres no way i will be able to effectively clear it up. The only way i can think of is by cutting pieces of paper and sticking it on the booklet in places, god im screwed.

ReputationRep:
    Research Enquiry on June 2010 question:

Notes for answers

Candidates should assume that they are carrying out field research,
    making reference to what can be seen on the map. Their answers
    might include references to:
    • setting aims, hypotheses, research questions, etc
    • planning before going into the field, including considering health
    and safety
    • carrying out field research
    • presenting and analysing data.

Candidates might write about:
    • Aims/hypothesis/null
    • Selection of sites (including health and safety)
    • Collection of data (including ensuring accuracy, primary and secondary data)
    • Presenting results
    • Analysing results
    • Drawing conclusions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh.Holloway)
    make your mind up guys, i dont know whether i should patch up my booklet or not...i mean looking at it right now, theres no way i will be able to effectively clear it up. The only way i can think of is by cutting pieces of paper and sticking it on the booklet in places, god im screwed.
    think you can print a copy out from the AQA website or something, can do it just in case

ReputationRep:
    This might sound stupid but is it a black and white copy or the real thing? If I was you I would just take it with me anyway, maybe not wave it around so not many people saw, and hope for the best haha

ReputationRep:
    This might sound stupid but is it a black and white copy or the real thing? If I was you I would just take it with me anyway, maybe not wave it around so not many people saw, and hope for the best haha
    ahaha right, yeah thats my best plan it seems, i could tipex everything but even then things would be tipex underlined, meh, they should supply when there, havent heard about otherwise so, fingers crossed i suppose...oh and its coloured yeah.

ReputationRep:
    I got a coloured version last time to use for notes and then there was a fresh one on the table during the exam.

If your school hasn't made clear to you that your not supposed to write on it, then I'm sure it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aodhán)
    I got a coloured version last time to use for notes and then there was a fresh one on the table during the exam.

If your school hasn't made clear to you that your not supposed to write on it, then I'm sure it'll be fine.
    i hope so...im not at school, teach myself each subject at home, got sent the pre released from the external centre im taking my exams at. Not sure if that affects anything?

ReputationRep:
    We have to take in the booklet we were originally given. Our teacher said there won't be any spares in the exam room. Best thing is either to check if exams office have a copy or get a friend to photocopy their clean one for you in the morning. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    i hope so...im not at school, teach myself each subject at home, got sent the pre released from the external centre im taking my exams at. Not sure if that affects anything?
    if you're at an external centre i'd be very surprised if they'll give you a new one. i would just go to the AQA site and print a new one out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toofaforu)
    if you're at an external centre i'd be very surprised if they'll give you a new one. i would just go to the AQA site and print a new one out
    we found the problem to be no link for a new copy lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Killsworth)
    we found the problem to be no link for a new copy lol
    There should be a link, but its password protected and only teachers can access it.

ReputationRep:
    oh i thought theere was one, but anyway i've sent it to him...crisis averted

ReputationRep:
    crisis averted indeed! thanks so much for the help guys, i wish you all luck in the exam, if your staying up late tonight revising you probably want to look at this link if you havent already

http://aqageog.ning.com/forum/topics...age=2#comments

esp the last few comments from the teachers, some good material being thrown around there

ReputationRep:
    Hey. Dont be worried. Go in early and get a friend's clean paper, photocopy it Wooow. I didnt read the posts above already sorry lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Francescamiller)
    Hey. Dont be worried. Go in early and get a friend's clean paper, photocopy it Wooow. I didnt read the posts above already sorry lmao
    toofaforu came to my rescue so theres no worry about me anymore! Thanks for the advice anyway

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone able to send me the answer booklet to the zig zag booklet? Would be appreciated, thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2011

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.