Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right, im off to sleep, got to get up at 6.40am tomorrow, good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emay12)
    Is anyone able to send me the answer booklet to the zig zag booklet? Would be appreciated, thank you!
    send your e-mail through pm

ReputationRep:
    could some one send me the zigzag booklet please, im desparate

ReputationRep:
    No mre geography :d

ReputationRep:
    well that was interesting! anyone else do a choropleth??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sfriday)
    well that was interesting! anyone else do a choropleth??
    me had no idea what to do at first!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i miss percepted the question first and was like thinking of a subdivided bar chart. Regardless, iv never spoken more out of my arse in my life.

ReputationRep:
    I did a choropleth (damn spelt it wrong added an extra l :/) but I don't see how describe and explaining why you choose it can still equate to 8 marks?

I though the exam was quite fair especially compared to Tuesdays. At least they didn't go into too much detail about the DfID or about the bloody website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by makingamemory)
    I did a choropleth (damn spelt it wrong added an extra l :/) but I don't see how describe and explaining why you choose it can still equate to 8 marks?

I though the exam was quite fair especially compared to Tuesdays. At least they didn't go into too much detail about the DfID or about the bloody website.
    I wrote "chloropeth" by accident similarly, it wont matter though simply a spelling mistake, theyll know what it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andynejad)
    I wrote "chloropeth" by accident similarly, it wont matter though simply a spelling mistake, theyll know what it is.
    That's EXACTLY what I did! LOL and the annoying thing is the 'l' wasn't clear at first so I emphasised the bugger. My mate did write colour coded map so I guess I'm safer than him.

A level geography = over! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Could you show the chloropeth map using pattern instead of shading? also did you have to reference page numbers from the pre-release to back up points?
    Overall i thought it went better than expected all the questions were nicely worded which was a change

ReputationRep:
    I did proportional bars, would that still be ok? Most people at my college also did chloropleth

ReputationRep:
    there was such a hot girl taking english poetry or something on the other side of the room, wish i was nearer to her :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sqphie)
    Could you show the chloropeth map using pattern instead of shading? also did you have to reference page numbers from the pre-release to back up points?
    Overall i thought it went better than expected all the questions were nicely worded which was a change
    I didn't use page numbers but i wrote stuff like "as states in item 2"... i did shading but i couldn't hear anyone else shade!

ReputationRep:
    I put quotation marks around things I used from the booklet is this ok do you reckon or should I have put from item 2 etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmartFool)
    I put quotation marks around things I used from the booklet is this ok do you reckon or should I have put from item 2 etc...
    I used quotation marks too (actually i think i used apostrophes instead of speech marks...) without stating 'from item bla blah' sometimes as well =P

ReputationRep:
    i really thought this exam was decent there werent any obscure questions either did anyone here write about scuba rice?

ReputationRep:
    That exam was sick, however, anyone else thing the first question was retarded?

ReputationRep:
    what did people put for the uk taxpayers one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinnington03)
    That exam was sick, however, anyone else thing the first question was retarded?
    lol i wasnt expectig a question like that at all!! i talked about chloropeth (or however its spelt) maps. but i wasnt expecting it so i didnt bring any colourng pencils :P luckily i had highlighters with me what did you talk about?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 23, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.