Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, what do you think of this dress? watch

ReputationRep:
    What do you think of this dress? I'm not sure whether to buy it or not :confused:

http://www.asos.com/Lipsy/Lipsy-Dres...lr=SilverCharm

Honest opinions please. xx

ReputationRep:
    I like it but it depends on your body shape as to whether you could get away with wearing it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks too much like a night dress to me... but then again could be one of those things that looks fine once it's on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    I like it but it depends on your body shape as to whether you could get away with wearing it.
    exactly my thought :dontknow: if you already have something similar that looks great on you then this might aswell...

If you're a bigger size than you'd like to be then it might just take a few pounds off, but if you're a small frame as it is then I think it's just gonna make you look bigger

Oh and what's up with the sleeves? IMO they're too long and would look much better with them shorter or sleeveless altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I'm not a fan. There are so many many more much nicer dresses out there for less. It looks a bit odd and more like a nightie than a normal dress.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I hate it!

ReputationRep:
    Have to agree it looks like a nightie. It's pretty shapeless and in my opinion it doesn't even look good on the model on the website, which is a bad sign.

ReputationRep:
    Not too keen Similar styles look better in black imo, this one looks too much like a nightdress.
    And it would depend on your body shape, but if you have a similar style dress that looks good then maybe

ReputationRep:
    big hips or big boobs would make this look shapeless and horrid and probably make you look a few sizes bigge than you are. on the other hand if you are very thin straiht up n down , will look fabulous x

ReputationRep:
    It looks like a nightie. It's also shapeless and the sleeves are too short, but not short enough to be 3/4 sleeves.
    In short, it's not good.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it depends on your body shape. I like the dress, if its your style then get it, its not my style and i probably wouldnt wear it either because it would look awful on me.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it... I think it's shapeless and I don't think it would flatter any body shape really...

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it :erm: It looks like an old fashioned night dress, and it makes the model look pregnant in the catwalk clip, and she's tiny!

ReputationRep:
    It really, really depends on your shape.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RinniieX)
    big hips or big boobs would make this look shapeless and horrid and probably make you look a few sizes bigge than you are. on the other hand if you are very thin straiht up n down , will look fabulous x
    Absolutely agree. I'd err on the side of caution with this one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    agreed. spot on.

to wear this dress you ahve to be relativley skinny or slim purely because if you are big, wearing a 'big' dress or a dress that doesnt outline your figure will only make you look a lot bigger than you are. If you are quite petite or skinny this dress would look good on you!

good luck

ReputationRep:
    have*

ReputationRep:
    Hospital gown.

Really horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaya_01)
    agreed. spot on.

to wear this dress you ahve to be relativley skinny or slim purely because if you are big, wearing a 'big' dress or a dress that doesnt outline your figure will only make you look a lot bigger than you are. If you are quite petite or skinny this dress would look good on you!

good luck

This is exactly what I meant. Although saying that, that dress would look awful on me because although I am a size 8 and very slim I have boobs and a bum so it would make me look pregnant. My best friend on the other hand is a size 8 and has small boobs and it would look amazing on her!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.