Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ladies, what do you think of this dress? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It'd look fine with black leggings and a waist belt, but then it wouldn't be a dress any more so... :/

ReputationRep:
    Bland as hell and it is hard to tell if it is a nightdress or some light summer dress.

ReputationRep:
    You need to have the right body shape, and know what to wear it with in terms of footwear and jewellry/accessories... otherwise you risk looking like a grandma in a nightie but thats just my opinion!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *twinkletoes*)
    I like it but it depends on your body shape as to whether you could get away with wearing it.
    This 100 percent.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind it, but if you're quite small it would probably swamp you.

ReputationRep:
    I like it Depends on your body shape though! Wouldnt suit me though

ReputationRep:
    I like it but it wouldn't suit me - it's that kind of vintagey-looking thing that looks amazing on a certain type of person but horrible on others. If you're petit then it'd look lovely, and if you dressed it up with jewellery it wouldn't look so 'plain'

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, possibly - if you're petite it might work, but if you're a bit bigger I don't know if it would work. Definitely depends on the person. I don't think I'd wear it, it wouldn't really suit my body shape.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't like it. Looks like a night dress.

ReputationRep:
    It's not to my taste at all. As others have said, it looks like nightwear. If you are at the slimmer end of the spectrum you may be able to pull it off.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I'm not that keen on it tbh. You can get similar styles of dresses elsewhere that are nuch nicer.

ReputationRep:
    If you have boobs it's gonna look like a tent. Otherwise it's nice, but make sure you wear some accessories and tights or it's going to look like you're wearing a victorian nightgown.

ReputationRep:
    steer clear. huge possibitly of it being unflattering

ReputationRep:
    Looks a bit like a nightie! You could only pull that off if you have a lot of self-confidence, are tall and tanned....

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it!

ReputationRep:
    What do you want the dress for? It seems light enough for summer weather, but you'd blind everyone due to its whiteness. If it's not sunny, you'll get cold

Then again, smock dress could mean 'nightie' for all I know XD

ReputationRep:
    I'm a guy and yes, I like it :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I think it's quite nice. Would look nice in summer with brown sandals. Oh look at that I have brown sandals *steals*

ReputationRep:
    honestly its not that nice...

ReputationRep:
    It's okay, but there are better similar style white dresses..if you look around.

The white looks a little dull tbh..it would have looked better if it was a brighter white colour.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.