Turn on thread page Beta

Ladies, what do you think of this dress? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Looks like a nightgown, to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Looks a bit like a gown you get christened in, not big on white dresses to be honest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    What do you think of this dress? I'm not sure whether to buy it or not :confused:

http://www.asos.com/Lipsy/Lipsy-Dres...lr=SilverCharm

Honest opinions please. xx
    I like it. With the right accessories, it could look lovely.

It depends on your style though, I like vintage inspired things, so I'd love that dress. To some people, they might hate it. What matters is whether you like it or not. If you like it and feel good in it, who cares what anyone else thinks?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, its not really my kind of dress (I like stuff with more shape... and nicer sleeves) but if you like thats all that really matters. Confidence is key i guess. If you reckon you can pull it off, go for it. I once knew a girl who could wear a jester hat to school and people would think it looked cool. She just had the attitude. I agree with all those above though, body shape will make a lot of difference.

ReputationRep:
    I love white dresses, ..found an example of the kind white colour i think that dresses look really good in:

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty damn ugly tbh

ReputationRep:
    so avg!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like it tbh, it's not very flattering as it doesn't give you any shape at all. Also, it's very easy to look washed out in white unless you have naturally dark skin. It looks like something you'd wear to the beach, or to bed. Sorry!

ReputationRep:
    it could make you look a bit shapeless, I think only really tall people can get away with it

I dont really like it but that is only my opinion if you do then go for it but you sound unsure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aarora)
    What do you think of this dress? I'm not sure whether to buy it or not :confused:

http://www.asos.com/Lipsy/Lipsy-Dres...lr=SilverCharm

Honest opinions please. xx
    I like it, but it depends how you dress it up, e.g. accessories and on how loosely you wear it.

ReputationRep:
    personally, i do not like it.

ReputationRep:
    Looks a bit like a nightie.

ReputationRep:
    Nahh

I looks like a night gown as someone has mentioned, but if you can pull it off go for it, I personally would not.

ReputationRep:
    Nice on a very slim girl

ReputationRep:
    It looks really nice, however it depends on your body shape whether you would suit wearing the dress or not

ReputationRep:
    Ooh sounds like not many people are a fan. I own it though actually and I quite like it. As others have pointed out, it is quite shapeless and to be honest I ordered a size smaller than I usually would for that very reason. I've worn it out for drinks with my black heeled shoe boots and all my friends really liked it. It's very much my kind of style though, so I think it depends. If you like it, that's the most important thing, and you can always send it back if you're not sure when it arrives!

ReputationRep:
    As my mum always says, if you have doubts don't buy it!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.