Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel she’s too good for me… Watch

Anon or delete.

I could write a massive message here, but I won't. In short - There is a girl I really like, and according to all her friends, she likes me a lot too. I only see here once a week, sometimes less but when we do meet we just chat for hours and get on really well. Nothing intimate has happened apart from flirting, hugging, holding hands etc.

According to her close friend, she is waiting for me to “make the first move”...The only problem is I suffer from huge confidence issues – always have. I am so self-conscious its unreal. I feel like I’m quite unattractive, and in my opinion, she is beautiful and could get a lot men if she wanted. The only time I do feel at ease is when I have a bit of alcohol in my system.

How do overcome this issue?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't have the balls to make a move you don't deserve her.

Next.

ReputationRep:
    take two shots, then take what is yours!

ReputationRep:
    You like her. She likes you. Bear that in mind. If alcohol helps you, ask her out for a drink but dont get drunk. Badabing badaboom. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    how do you overcome this issue??.... go for it!! there's no magic potion. Either make a move or tell her you like her.

ReputationRep:
    Too good for me is a rubbish excuse tbh. You like her, she likes you, ask her out. If she doesn't want to go out with you she'll say no, if she does I hope you'll live happily ever after. Bite the bullet man

She likes you, right??? Well then what else do you need?

Seriously, men these days :P

ReputationRep:
    grow a pair! she likes you, you like her. it's half way there, the only thing missing is the magic words..

ReputationRep:
    http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...-Bachelor-Frog

Frog lies :ahee:

* At first I thought the thread was 'I feel she's too young for me' :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    You're just going to try and have to make a move - after all you have nothing to lose! It sounds like she is interested so I doubt she will knock you back.
    Remember, you always regret the things you didn't do rather than the things you have done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obsession)
    She likes you, right??? Well then what else do you need?

Seriously, men these days :P
    Seriously, women waiting for men to "make the first move".

ReputationRep:
    Probably worth a read...

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/01/16...t-dating-them/

ReputationRep:
    If she's waiting for you... and you KNOW she likes you.. then what are you waiting for? If you think she's beautiful, then dont let her go!

ReputationRep:
    Either make the move or don't, but don't whine about choosing not to do ****.

(Original post by Fandabidoze!)
    Seriously, women waiting for men to "make the first move".

Oh please don't go there, what you said wasn't my point.

I meant that he shouldn't be thinking she's too good for him because - pay attention- she likes him back! Alot!

Peace

(Original post by mollymustard)
    You're just going to try and have to make a move - after all you have nothing to lose! It sounds like she is interested so I doubt she will knock you back.
    Remember, you always regret the things you didn't do rather than the things you have done!
    Its the fear of awkwardness...also, I can't see myself in a relationship as I am THAT self-concious (I hate it), but I do really like her if that makes sense. Is there a way to let her know without directly telling her?

ReputationRep:
    Commit yourself to being with her. Ask her round to watch a movie. Check her facebook page to make sure it's one you'll both be able to laugh at. If you've commited yourself to a date of some sort then you can't back out.

Also, don't directly tell her. Just flirt like crazy. Touch her, talk to her, make jokes about her, whatever you do. Let your passion tell her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Its the fear of awkwardness...also, I can't see myself in a relationship as I am THAT self-concious (I hate it), but I do really like her if that makes sense. Is there a way to let her know without directly telling her?
    Not telling her face to face is a little primary school don't you think? you say you can chat to her when you see her, so carry on with that just as normal, then when no one else is listening in, tell her what you think about her, tell her shes hot.

ask her if she wants to go see a movie? get some lunch?

start it with something nice and simple; no pressure on either of you, see where it goes. good luck

(Original post by luke$)
    Not telling her face to face is a little primary school don't you think? you say you can chat to her when you see her, so carry on with that just as normal, then when no one else is listening in, tell her what you think about her, tell her shes hot.

ask her if she wants to go see a movie? get some lunch?

start it with something nice and simple; no pressure on either of you, see where it goes. good luck
    Thanks. Yeah, I would only say something like that face-to-face. By directly, I meant through actions alone. For example, a kiss?

(Original post by becilouise)
    If she's waiting for you... and you KNOW she likes you.. then what are you waiting for? If you think she's beautiful, then dont let her go!
    I know from what her friends have said..would you say that's reliable lol?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.