Turn on thread page Beta

I feel she’s too good for me… watch

ReputationRep:
    Get her intoxicated... then make your first move :perv:

ReputationRep:
    Just do it! You will regret it if you don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know from what her friends have said..would you say that's reliable lol?
    I would actually, im a girl, and my friends always know if i like someone, and come on, you flirt & hold hands? She doesnt want to be 'just friends'

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

I could write a massive message here, but I won't. In short - There is a girl I really like, and according to all her friends, she likes me a lot too. I only see here once a week, sometimes less but when we do meet we just chat for hours and get on really well. Nothing intimate has happened apart from flirting, hugging, holding hands etc.

According to her close friend, she is waiting for me to “make the first move”...The only problem is I suffer from huge confidence issues – always have. I am so self-conscious its unreal. I feel like I’m quite unattractive, and in my opinion, she is beautiful and could get a lot men if she wanted. The only time I do feel at ease is when I have a bit of alcohol in my system.

How do overcome this issue?
    Dude, you have it on a aplate, you know she likes you....there is no problem. Close on it.

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

I could write a massive message here, but I won't. In short - There is a girl I really like, and according to all her friends, she likes me a lot too. I only see here once a week, sometimes less but when we do meet we just chat for hours and get on really well. Nothing intimate has happened apart from flirting, hugging, holding hands etc.

According to her close friend, she is waiting for me to “make the first move”...The only problem is I suffer from huge confidence issues – always have. I am so self-conscious its unreal. I feel like I’m quite unattractive, and in my opinion, she is beautiful and could get a lot men if she wanted. The only time I do feel at ease is when I have a bit of alcohol in my system.

She is too good for you, how could you ever have thought for a second that someone like her would be interested in someone like you?

Find someone your own level, or below.

(Original post by The-Real-One)
    She is too good for you, how could you ever have thought for a second that someone like her would be interested in someone like you?

Find someone your own level, or below.
    Funneh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoombini)
    how do you overcome this issue??.... go for it!! there's no magic potion. Either make a move or tell her you like her.
    well in this particular case , the magic potion is alcohol :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh_Dey)
    http://images2.memegenerator.net/Ima...-Bachelor-Frog

Frog lies :ahee:

* At first I thought the thread was 'I feel she's too young for me' :afraid:
    It's something all of us experience at one point or another. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I was self concious once. Then I stopped being self-concious and started being awesome. True story

ReputationRep:
    Make a move or she'l get fed up - it's a turn off when a guy doesn't have the balls to get on with it imo

ReputationRep:
    Pull yourself together!

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid the advice isn't going to get more succinct and honest than this: MAN UP

ReputationRep:
    Funneh...
    Look bro, I aint tell you nothing you don't know already. You know in your heart that you're just too much of a loser for someone like her.

Otherwise you wouldn't have made the thread title "I feel she's too good for me.." and start babbling about how good she is and how bad you are.

You know it already, why fight a futile battle with yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Man go for it, just tell her how you feel because at the end of the day you will both know where you stand! But, if you like her, and her friend says she likes you, then just ask her if you can take her out on a date? if she says no, then you know where you stand, if she says yes, then you'll be happy. But you will never know till you try

ReputationRep:
    Anon or delete.

Her friends are a VERY reliable source. She's liked you for a long time and it's reached the point where they feel the need to tell you! It's impossible for you to fail!

She likes you, and so clearly sees something in you. You fears that she's too good for you are groundless, even if you think she could get much more attractive guys she would rather have you for your other qualities. (social exchange - you bring more to the relationship than just looks, which to be honest were never actually enough for anyone)

Ask to go out to lunch/the park with her. plan for it to take all afternoon. once it's just the two of you, it'll help. do what you naturally want to do: if you want to hold her hand, do. It's not a full on date, so there's no awkwardness there, but it allows you to be together and feel intimate.

ReputationRep:
    to overcome this issue leave her to me. I have a lot of self confidence

and then forget that you left her for me. cheers mate

(Original post by The Mr Z)
    Her friends are a VERY reliable source. She's liked you for a long time and it's reached the point where they feel the need to tell you! It's impossible for you to fail!

She likes you, and so clearly sees something in you. You fears that she's too good for you are groundless, even if you think she could get much more attractive guys she would rather have you for your other qualities. (social exchange - you bring more to the relationship than just looks, which to be honest were never actually enough for anyone)

Ask to go out to lunch/the park with her. plan for it to take all afternoon. once it's just the two of you, it'll help. do what you naturally want to do: if you want to hold her hand, do. It's not a full on date, so there's no awkwardness there, but it allows you to be together and feel intimate.
    Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    your sources say that this girl likes you and is waiting for you to make the first move. If she likes you, even if you mess up a little or whatever she will just add that to your quirky personality or something and won't stop liking you or hold it against you.

regarding the confidence issues, you're just gonna have to overcome that one yourself by understanding that people don't judge you anywhere near as much as you think they do. learning to stop caring so much about what people think of you is also helpful for self-consciousness, but it's a lot easier said than done

ReputationRep:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...es/curious.gif

Look, it sounds like she likes you - it coming from a friend is one of the best sources/assurances (in this case "all her friends") you could ask for. If that happened to me more that would just make things so much easier! So you've got to believe it that much that she likes you.

As for confidence, hmm... I guess you have to start from somewhere... Once you're going out with her properly confidence just grows naturally (and if there's a next time it will definitely be easier).

Think of it this way, if she is just waiting for you to make the first move, she can only wait a certain amount of time before just gets fed up. If you say she could easily get a guy if she wanted, then what the hell are you waiting for? Trust me, if you like her that much and she gets another guy, you will be banging your head with regrets http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...s/banghead.gif

Now when you next reply I expect some progress.

(Original post by Refrigerator)
    your sources say that this girl likes you and is waiting for you to make the first move. If she likes you, even if you mess up a little or whatever she will just add that to your quirky personality or something and won't stop liking you or hold it against you.

regarding the confidence issues, you're just gonna have to overcome that one yourself by understanding that people don't judge you anywhere near as much as you think they do. learning to stop caring so much about what people think of you is also helpful for self-consciousness, but it's a lot easier said than done
    Nice post. Thanks

(Original post by Mustard-man)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...es/curious.gif

Look, it sounds like she likes you - it coming from a friend is one of the best sources/assurances (in this case "all her friends") you could ask for. If that happened to me more that would just make things so much easier! So you've got to believe it that much that she likes you.

As for confidence, hmm... I guess you have to start from somewhere... Once you're going out with her properly confidence just grows naturally (and if there's a next time it will definitely be easier).

Think of it this way, if she is just waiting for you to make the first move, she can only wait a certain amount of time before just gets fed up. If you say she could easily get a guy if she wanted, then what the hell are you waiting for? Trust me, if you like her that much and she gets another guy, you will be banging your head with regrets http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...s/banghead.gif

Now when you next reply I expect some progress.
    Another helpful reply. Again, thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.