1. This is a good question... mine's battery powered, so I just charge it from the mains when I need to anyway... Erm, I think the answer to this is yes. I think Sorry I can't be more specific.(Original post by Replete)
Hey I have a few questions.
1. Do the rooms/bathrooms have sockets for electronic shavers or do wen need to get a converter?
2. What kind of stuff should I get for bedding or should I just get covers for them?
3. What will the first few hours be like, I'm fairly nervous about this - right after we settle into our rooms what are people doing straight after?
2. The university only provide a mattress as standard, although you can ask them for bedding when you get there if you don't have any, but it's not great. So basically, the whole kaboodle - sheets, duvet and pillow + covers etc.
3. When you arrive you'll be welcomed by the Week One Reps, who were residents of the hall last year and will be there to look after you during the whole of the first week. You'll have a bit of time to unpack and settle in, and that at a certain time in the afternoon (you'll be told this on the day) everyone will gather in the JCR (Junior Common Room). You'll then be taken to the Sports Hall where you'll sit through the Freshers Address, which is largely a talk by the Vice Chancellor and the SU President to welcome you to the university, but also includes an amazing light show like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSBAZPSPvCM
After that you'll all go back to the hall and sit down for an evening meal, and then a bit later on everyone will gather again in the JCR where you'll be able to get to know people, and there will be drink if you're into that sort of thing (but no worries if not, just do what you feel comfortable doing.)
Soyeah, basically don't get too worked up about it. Everyone is in the same boat; everyone will be feeling nervous, nobody will no each other, but because of that everyone will be very open and friendly, and there will be lots of people around to make sure you're ok and to help you out if anything is troubling you
Half of the top 10 aren't even RG...