Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Triceps problem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Recently i joined the gym and within 2 weeks time i found myself unable to workout my right tricep...
    regardless of whatever exercise i try to do, my elbow seems to pain like hell... and i even feel something weird, like something moving out of its place... :confused:
    has anyone experienced this before and can anyone suggest what could i do?
    just to mention: generally when im on my laptop or doing work i lean on my elbows...
    thanks....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajmahal)
    has anyone experienced this before and can anyone suggest what could i do?
    Sounds like tricep tendonitis:

1. Rest
    2. Ice it
    3. Take some Ibuprofen
    4. Revise your exercise regime - if you're injured within 2 weeks of starting training you are doing something seriously wrong.

If there isn't a significant improvement within a week visit your GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0c0h01ic)
    Sounds like tricep tendonitis:

1. Rest
    2. Ice it
    3. Take some Ibuprofen
    4. Revise your exercise regime - if you're injured within 2 weeks of starting training you are doing something seriously wrong.

If there isn't a significant improvement within a week visit your GP.
    thank you...
    researched it up and now i'm more aware of what has actually happened..
    atm im taking rest and hopefully will be joining again once exams are over...

it could be due to my exercise programme..
    basically i workout one day my back and the next my biceps/triceps and so on...
    is that putting too much pressure on the tendon?

btw... im no bodybuilder...quite skinny and not strong
    been some time at the gym before but lack consistency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tajmahal)
    it could be due to my exercise programme..
    basically i workout one day my back and the next my biceps/triceps and so on...
    is that putting too much pressure on the tendon?
    If you've gone from not working out consistently to suddenly dedicating a whole day to working your arms (which will also be worked every time you train your back, chest, shoulders, etc) then your body probably isn't used to that amount of volume - it's far too much. Secondly if you're a novice lifter poor technique could also be an issue.

Get on a good routine - forget about back days and arm days for the time being. Something like Starting Strength or Westside for Skinny *******s would be a good start, follow it to the 't' and you will make great progress.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.