Turn on thread page Beta

Can sitting infront of a computer for 6-7 hours a day watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    make you lazy. For example, you find it hard to get off your seat to even go down for a snack, and you find it hard for academic studies aswell, revising for exams.

Also i've noticed difficulty in being bothering to shave/brush my teeth/shower everyday.

Is this normal?

And what advice can you give to help me break this habit,and be more active .

ReputationRep:
    Id say no, given that most people who work in an office will do this and still lead normal lives.

Have a decent diet, get exercise, take breaks when you need them and so forth....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Id say no, given that most people who work in an office will do this and still lead normal lives.

Have a decent diet, get exercise, take breaks when you need them and so forth....
    But people in offices are in a social environment with a boss looking over their shoulder. I think OP means in his house where there is absolutely no motivation to do anything.

I can empathise with OP. I find i'm more awake/alert with 7 hours sleep than 10 hours. This would prove your theory correct i suppose.

story of my life for the past year : O

ReputationRep:
    throw your computer out the window.

force yourself to do some exercise, it always makes me feel more energised

ReputationRep:
    Try about 12hrs a day 3 days running. I'll let you know the effect by the end of the day. The curse of the final year of a compact Masters

ReputationRep:
    Ive sat at the computer 'revising' for most of the day.
    It just makes me tired after a while.

I seriously need to go and do some proper revision :/

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies so far guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joburger)
    thanks for the replies so far guys
    Your blood needs more circulation round the body, when you sit in one place a long time, blood doesn't travel around, "feeding your body" as effectivley as it should...

This is why you feel tired after long journeys in cars/planes/trains, tired after sitting down in front of pc/cinema etc

it's all about circulation my friend...

You need better circulation!

I usually find dancing round my room helps ALOT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakingout!)
    Your blood needs more circulation round the body, when you sit in one place a long time, blood doesn't travel around, "feeding your body" as effectivley as it should...

This is why you feel tired after long journeys in cars/planes/trains, tired after sitting down in front of pc/cinema etc

it's all about circulation my friend...

You need better circulation!

I usually find dancing round my room helps ALOT!
    Thanks freaking out. I'm not really a dancing type of person, but would walking around the house for 10 mins during break and drinking lots of water help me feel and be more active ?

ReputationRep:
    make you lazy. For example, you find it hard to get off your seat to even go down for a snack, and you find it hard for academic studies aswell, revising for exams.

Also i've noticed difficulty in being bothering to shave/brush my teeth/shower everyday.

Is this normal?

And what advice can you give to help me break this habit,and be more active .
    hah you sound like me. Its just pure laziness.

In my epak I have sat and played football manager like non stop for 6 weeks and never left my house and got shower like once a week and stuff lmao. that was back in schoool in the summer holidays.

I rememeber my mate came over and I had my boxxers on my floor that I had on for 1 week and not washed and I gagged his face when them LMFAO...oh man those were the days..those boxers smelt so bad man lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks freaking out. I'm not really a dancing type of person, but would walking around the house for 10 mins during break and drinking lots of water help me feel and be more active ?
    LOL that's fine dude, most blokes aren't the dancing type, im pretty weird like that! I suck at sports , but for some reason, im quite a good mover! lol :cool:

yeah walking is just as good...the only reason why I suggested dansing is because I hate walking/running, but love music, so dancing is more of an effortless excercise for me!

But walking is fine!

However, walking around the block would do you better than just walking around the house, due to the fresh oxygen, but even walking around the house is better than nothing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by freakingout!)
    LOL that's fine dude, most blokes aren't the dancing type, im pretty weird like that! I suck at sports , but for some reason, im quite a good mover! lol :cool:

yeah walking is just as good...the only reason why I suggested dansing is because I hate walking/running, but love music, so dancing is more of an effortless excercise for me!

But walking is fine!

However, walking around the block would do you better than just walking around the house, due to the fresh oxygen, but even walking around the house is better than nothing!
    I do have a garden so i could do that hehe

Thanks for the advice dude

ReputationRep:

No problemo mate, TSR gets a bad name due to the trolls etc, but sometimes you can get some really useful help! (like me and my valium thread lol)

All the best bud!

ReputationRep:
    I've been doing this for 3 months trying to do my coursework lame.

ReputationRep:

Do interval sprints...outside or in your house.

4-8 20-30 second full out sprints with 1-2 minutes rest between each sprint.

You can do it standing sprint sin your room. Even by exercise bike etc..and do it

ReputationRep:
    I do this at work every day I'm on a computer 9-6 so 9 hours, then at home for like an hour so yeah Im in front of a screen about 10 hours a day

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the person, one of my best mates, he just plays RTS, RPG games like DotA all day, but he's far far from lazy, almost the opposite, if you tell him to do something he'll do it, we even say "No Nonsense!!" occasionally when he's doing something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PortiaLovesMcqueen)
    I do this at work every day I'm on a computer 9-6 so 9 hours, then at home for like an hour so yeah Im in front of a screen about 10 hours a day
    so when you go home, do you find it hard to work, after sitting on the computer for hours. And does your concentration waver when doing tasks at home.

Do you feel unmotivated at all, from the effects of sitting infront of computer all day?

ReputationRep:
    anyone else

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.