Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

BCL conditions... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys...

This is really for successful UK applicants on the BCL course...

As you may know, undergraduate students at Oxford take all their main exams at the end of their final year. Their degree class is thus determined by these 'finals'. (Note here that my academic condition for the BCL is 'attaining a first in finals'.)

However, for those of us from other unis, this condition appears slightly odd - as you will all know, it is possible at many unis to get a first class degree without getting a first in your last year. (i.e. if you get very high second year results). Most law undergraduate's have their results based on exams and course during part II of the LLB (years two and three). So does the BCL condition mean a first class degree (as I assumed when applying and how it is described online) or does it mean a first class result in your final year specifically (average of 70)?

So my question...assuming others have the same condition, is anyone worried that they will be forced to get a first in their final year (i.e. average of 70) as opposed to just getting a first overall?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.