Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i believe i wrote it in an earlier post with the density with correct units. i hadnt but owel here it is :P.

(((4/3)x(pi))x(0.95x10^-2)^3)x0.92x10^3x9.8 = 0.03237973784

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candiedmango)
    i believe i wrote it in an earlier post with the density with correct units. i hadnt but owel here it is :P.

(((4/3)x(pi))x(0.95x10^-2)^3)x0.92x10^3x9.8 = 0.03237973784
    This is correct.

Weight is greater than this. The ball should sink, experiment's consistent with theory.

ReputationRep:
    the weight isnt greater though. the weight is 0.02798 and U is 0.03238

ReputationRep:
    the weight isnt greater though. the weight is 0.02798 and U is 0.03238
    Weight is (mass)x(gravitational acceleration). 0.028 kg is mass, not weight.

ReputationRep:
    thank you for the helped i figured that out later on :P. tired error i guess :L.can you help me again?
    what would my units be now for W-U=F and then F/6(pi)rv= coeffecient of viscosity. i need the units for the coefficient manly . thanks

ReputationRep:
    thank you for the helped i figured that out later on :P. tired error i guess :L.can you help me again?
    what would my units be now for W-U=F and then F/6(pi)rv= coeffecient of viscosity. i need the units for the coefficient manly . thanks
    Forces are in newtons, \mathrm{N=kg\cdot m/s^2}. The units of coefficient of viscosity is \mathrm{N/(m\cdot m/s)} (because \eta=F/6\pi rv).

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.