Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My college lecturer knows that I have bi-polar depression, I told him this at the beginning of the year, Ive been so bad with it lately I dont know what to do with myself.

Today he said the most vulgar and disgusting things to me about it and its made me feel so bad ive been physically sick, he wouldnt stop and he knew what he was saying too, Ive written all I can remember him saying on paper, but what do I do next?

It was just me and him at the time, he called me in after class.

Ive told my friends as I was in quite a state and they say its disgusting and I should complain, but now im thinking about it, I know its not right, and I want to take it further.

Is this enough ground to do so?

The college is aware of my bi polar depression,the whole class will say i was kept behind, and he has been saying little comments to me for a while, ive discussed those with staff, but Im a bit nervous because it ould be my word against his :

I know my grammar is terrible btw.

ReputationRep:
    tell the college and get him fired. taking it to court is ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    hmm I don't think you can really sue people for saying mean things to you especially as you no evidence.

ReputationRep:
    Defo do something about it, that's out of order :/

ReputationRep:
    Take it up with the college before you start thinking about taking him to court, issue a formal complaint and if you're not satisfied then take it further.

Lodge an official complaint with the College. They will take it seriously because they don't want the bad publicity of you telling people they ignored it.

ReputationRep:
    You cannot take him to court. Next time he keeps you behind set your phone on record.

ReputationRep:
    What would you take him to court for? Sure, if you were one of his employees, and he had dismissed you in a humiliating way, it's definitely possible now to claim damages for damaged feelings after some of the rather ridiculous (if I may say so) rulings in the House of Lords in the last few years. However, you're not an employee, you're a student and the college has an internal system for lodging complaints, so you need to use that as your remedy.

ReputationRep:
    what did he say?

and what has he against you that would make him say bad things?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 14, 2011
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.