Turn on thread page Beta

Bradford College watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone ,

I need a bit of advice regarding Bradford College, Hope you can help!

After not doing so well at A-levels Ive spent the past two years doing a HND in Business and Management at a college close to home wales, The course is run at the college but awarded by Bangor uni who oversee it. If I was to stay in bangor to get my degree id only be accepted into year 2 meaning a whole extra year of work & debt! for this reason I have applied for a few "top-up" courses that are only a year long and will convert my HND into a BA, one of these is in Bradford College, an associate college of Leeds Met, who oversee and award the Degree.

Having never been to bradford I have no idea what its like, my main concern is that the college will not to be to the standard of a university, from both academic and social perspectives! As the college offer education from 16+ im not sure what to expect from it, im totally clueless!

Does anyone have any experience of Bradford College?
    How Does it Compare to other universities, or is it a whole different experience?
    Do they have students unions, sporting teams, freshers weeks ect?
    What is Bradford like to live in?

Having being misled that my HND course was actually held in the university in bangor I feel like ive missed out a little on the uni lifestyle, im just lucky that i could still live in halls and made some good friends who kept me updated onsome uni stuff that the college didnt, But i REALLY dont want to feel like ive missed out again so any information you can give me about bradford College will really help me decide what to do!

Thanks,
    Laura x

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Bradford - it is not the best place to live. The social life is pretty much going to a nightclub and getting drunk. There is nothing to do in the city centre except eat, bowling and cinema.

Bradford College - I also did an evening course in Bradford College. I won't tell you how I feel about it, but I can tell you what happened. I was doing this course while juggling 7 A-Levels, so I didn't have much time to spend on this extra evening course. I attended maybe 1/4 of all the classes and 1/3 of the assignments you need to attend in order to get my qualification, I was just hoping to learning something but the qualification doesn't really matter. In the end, I still got the certificate saying I have passed. So judge for yourself the value of your qualification - if someone like me who didn't even work for the cert got the same outcome as someone who did, what does it say about the courses?

It is a college, there are no halls and nevermind clubs and societies LOL

Unless you are studying something artistic, which is actually quite good; coming to Bradford College will the biggest mistake you make in your life.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.