Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Beaumont Hall, block 5, first floor room 14 so excited

ReputationRep:
    Is it unusual for me to get nothing that I applied for??
    I applied in Oadby, got offered mary gee... not pleased!

ReputationRep:
    Hall/Site Digby Hall
    Room Yellow Block Ground Floor Room 13
    Address Digby Hall Stoughton Drive South Leicester LE2 2NB
    Room Layout Premium Single Room
    Period of Residence 02/10/2011 to 17/12/2011
    15/01/2012 to 31/03/2012
    06/05/2012 to 30/06/2012
    Room Attributes Accommodation Type: Catered

I hate this.... all my choices were self catered and they stick me in catered :/
    plus i applied on the day it released the online application :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoxtonhero2)
    Hall/Site Digby Hall
    15/01/2012 to 31/03/2012
    06/05/2012 to 30/06/2012

I hate this.... all my choices were self catered and they stick me in catered :/
    There's only 25% self catered, most of which is given to Gap Year students sadly, so it's near impossible to get it.

ReputationRep:
    :'( the fact i didn't get any of my preference sucks.
    plus I didn't really like Digby when I went to visit.

ReputationRep:
    :'( the fact i didn't get any of my preference sucks.
    plus I didn't really like Digby when I went to visit.
    A lot of people are going to put the best places down so it's hard to get what you want.

ReputationRep:
    If anybody wants any info on Nixon Court (Premium+ single room), quote me

ReputationRep:
    Bowder Court Block GG Flr 01 room 9

Anyone nearby??

ReputationRep:
    GMS Launde house anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Hall/Site Digby Hall
    15/01/2012 to 31/03/2012
    06/05/2012 to 30/06/2012

I'm in the same boat, I applied at the end of March and my choices were all John Foster and self-catered, but they've stuck me in GMS (Launde House) Does anyone know if there's any way to change the offer, maybe by swapping rooms or something? Or should I just man up and accept it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDCW)
    I'm in the same boat, I applied at the end of March and my choices were all John Foster and self-catered, but they've stuck me in GMS (Launde House) Does anyone know if there's any way to change the offer, maybe by swapping rooms or something? Or should I just man up and accept it?
    is your room self catered though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDCW)
    Happened to me too! :mad: I've been living away from home for 3 years! I want to cook for myself!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDCW)
    What would you prefer? I doubt there's ANY JoFo self catered left, most of it was filled up with gap years before today.

ReputationRep:
    is your room self catered though?
    Nah it's catered!

(Original post by ascottheyes)
    Happened to me too! :mad: I've been living away from home for 3 years! I want to cook for myself!!
    Haha I'm living at home at the moment but I want to cook for myself as well, be more independent, all that ****; but instead I have to adhere to a routine of pre-cooked meals every day. I shouldn't moan too much though, at least I got in...

ReputationRep:
    Everyone: the whole of Oadby is ONLY 25% SELF CATERED, most of which has ALREADY been given to gap year students, so it was always VERY unlikely you'd get a self catered room!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir Toad)
    John Foster Medbourne Floor 1, Flat 3, Room E
    Anybody else by chance going there? Unlikely, but who knows...
    my friend was in Medbourne, its lovely I'm in Leire the block next door

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Wistow House in Gilbert Murray Stamford. Can't even find that bit of those halls on the site! Want to see what I've been signed up for! HELP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lrs_17)
    What would you prefer? I doubt there's ANY JoFo self catered left, most of it was filled up with gap years before today.
    I'd prefer anything self-catered really, but like I said, I don't wanna make too much of a fuss. I appreciate the exclusivity of JoFo as it looked brilliant when I was there for the tour, it's just a shame I didn't get in. I'll only be at GMS for one of the four years of my course though, I'll get over it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDCW)
    I'd prefer anything self-catered really, but like I said, I don't wanna make too much of a fuss. I appreciate the exclusivity of JoFo as it looked brilliant when I was there for the tour, it's just a shame I didn't get in. I'll only be at GMS for one of the four years of my course though, I'll get over it
    See my above post, I doubt there is any self catered left, everyone wants it, and it's only a quarter of Oadby, so gap year students get most of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjii)
    Bowder Court Block GG Flr 01 room 9

Anyone nearby??
    I'm in room 11!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.