Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Physical Geography and in Ragdale Flr 1 Flat 3 - anyone else perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azaking)
    Any first years in Lasdun, specifically near Lasdun Block GX Flr 00 Room 04?
    I'm in Lasdun Block BX Flr 01 Room 11...don't think it's close but at least it's in the same building!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Jones.)
    Is it unusual for me to get nothing that I applied for??
    I applied in Oadby, got offered mary gee... not pleased!
    Same position as you, I applied for all the oadby I could get and still get shifted to Mary Gee. I'll see you there though!

ReputationRep:
    Lasdun Block IX Floor 1 Room 17 Anyone near?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in John Fosters the Prestwold house 1st floor Flat 3 Room D.

Sound's like I'm gonna be alone :P

ReputationRep:
    :
    (Original post by Darlow)
    I thought you meant the middle floor, my mistake :P I was in room 7. However, my friend who was then one of my housemates in 2nd year lived in that room.

I really enjoyed my time in bowder court, block II and generally in GMS as a whole. The rooms in bowder and fairly big, good shelving and storage, the en suite isn't bad either! The shared kitchen is MASSIVE which was useful throughout the year.

The atmosphere of GMS is great, it feels like a nice community and there were some good events on all throughout the year (I'm slightly bias on that front as I was on the committee that organised the events). You're definitely going to enjoy your stay.

If you have any questions specifically about bowder, GMS or just the uni I'd be happy to try and answer them
    Hey there... i just got into bowder court and i was wondering if you have any pics and also how many peopleare allocated to each kitchen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjii)
    Bowder Court Block GG Flr 01 room 9

Anyone nearby??
    Bowder court Block GG Flr 00 room 01 , Kinda nearby lol

ReputationRep:
    cliveden anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelly =])
    I dont remember taking any pictures of the outside but I have pictures f what my room was like and all the blooks I mentioned are the same so ill post those...ill also hav a scour of fb, sure there are picures from snow days

bare with me while i look
    Thanks Had to laugh at the Spooning poster though :L Jw, but do the rooms have mirrors?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mudya)
    If anybody wants any info on Nixon Court (Premium+ single room), quote me
    hi,how is the premium +single?is it clean?

how many people are sharing the bathrooms?

I have been offered a premium +single in block c.

one more thing,have they finishes block F or not,I DON'T want to live in a noisy place.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaz:))
    Thanks Had to laugh at the Spooning poster though :L Jw, but do the rooms have mirrors?
    XD glad my poster made you giggle =P

and yeh yeh there is a mirror above the sink...was in one of the pictures, sorry theyre so small haha

....ohh if you click on the images you can get a larger view, sorted!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyhanspal)
    :

Hey there... i just got into bowder court and i was wondering if you have any pics and also how many peopleare allocated to each kitchen
    Hey, I didn't take any pictures specifically of my room/the kitchen while I was there but if you just google Bowder Court there's a few pictures to give you an idea.

There is a ground floor, middle floor and top floor to each block with a kitchen for each floor. 6 people live on one floor so 6 people per kitchen. Also the kitchen is MASSIVE so no-one ever gets in the way of each other which is nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parisa383)
    hi,how is the premium +single?is it clean?

how many people are sharing the bathrooms?

I have been offered a premium +single in block c.

one more thing,have they finishes block F or not,I DON'T want to live in a noisy place.

thanks
    All rooms are cleaned beforehand, so yes, they are clean.

Well I lived in a 10 person flat where there were two bathrooms - 1 bathroom had 1 toilet and 2 showers and the other had 2 toilets and 1 shower.
    If you live in a 5-6 person flat you will share 1 bathroom which has 2 showers and 2 toilets.

Yes, they should have finished all building works by October.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mudya)
    All rooms are cleaned beforehand, so yes, they are clean.

Well I lived in a 10 person flat where there were two bathrooms - 1 bathroom had 1 toilet and 2 showers and the other had 2 toilets and 1 shower.
    If you live in a 5-6 person flat you will share 1 bathroom which has 2 showers and 2 toilets.

Yes, they should have finished all building works by October.
    thanks for your help.are you going to stay in nixon probably?

ReputationRep:
    do you know how is the first floor is?
    I have been offered for the first floor,block c.(nixon court)
    I am not sure if I wait, I can find any en suite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parisa383)
    thanks for your help.are you going to stay in nixon probably?
    No I won't be. I will be living with my friends in a flat this year.

ReputationRep:
    could I ask you about Internet?does it work properly there?
    do they have High speed internet?
    Does the skype work properly there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darlow)
    Hey, I didn't take any pictures specifically of my room/the kitchen while I was there but if you just google Bowder Court there's a few pictures to give you an idea.

There is a ground floor, middle floor and top floor to each block with a kitchen for each floor. 6 people live on one floor so 6 people per kitchen. Also the kitchen is MASSIVE so no-one ever gets in the way of each other which is nice.
    Thanks a lot darlow, i also forgot to ask, are the floors mixed gender?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone in John foster hall, Gumley Floor 2 or in gumley flat?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyhanspal)
    Thanks a lot darlow, i also forgot to ask, are the floors mixed gender?
    No problem. As far as I'm aware, all the bowder court block floors are single gender. In Block II where I stayed, ground and middle were all male and the top floor was all female.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.