Turn on thread page Beta

Chips and Cheese! watch

ReputationRep:
    Chips and cheese, the ultimate drunk/hangover food! When do you have it and How do you like?

Personally I choose Mitani Chicken Salt on mine, best drunk seasoning ever!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    This is always the staple at local shows on Sundays (so yes, usually hungover ).

ReputationRep:
    Favourite place to eat it and to get it from?

ReputationRep:
    The only time I ate cheesey chips was when I put a slice of cheese on my microchips in the microwave - 6/10

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missyemma02)
    Chips and cheese, the ultimate drunk/hangover food! When do you have it and How do you like?

Personally I choose Mitani Chicken Salt on mine, best drunk seasoning ever!!
    Yes I eat chips and cheese, but not with the sinister 1960's-esque can of whatever that is thrown on it!

ReputationRep:
    Cheese, Koka Noodles, Chips and a whole load of Mince...

EPIC meal

ReputationRep:
    It's all about hula hoops, vinegar and salt when drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fusion)
    The only time I ate cheesey chips was when I put a slice of cheese on my microchips in the microwave - 6/10
    That must be looked and 'tasted' amazing in your head beforehand? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    That must be looked and 'tasted' amazing in your head beforehand? :rolleyes:
    It did actually

ReputationRep:
    Oh my God :coma: Cheesy chips with a drizzle of vinegar. Cheese chips and beans too :coma:

ReputationRep:
    NO WAY. Chips + gravy :coma: > chips + cheese

ReputationRep:
    One night we came home and the chippy opposite, which does incredible food (when one is drunk), was sadly closed, so we shoved a tray of chips on the oven with a load of cheese grated on top. Most of the cheese melted onto the tray and burned, but the chips themselves tasted gooooood. Although we had to chuck the tray away.

ReputationRep:
    er excuse me what is that image. i thought you meant actual cheese and chips. and beans. i would but i don't eat cheese anymore. soo.

ReputationRep:
    Add a pile of good coleslaw on top of that and it'll be terrific.

(Original post by Circadian_Rhythm)
    NO WAY. Chips + gravy :coma: > chips + cheese
    Northerner!

ReputationRep:
    I have an industrial sized helping of BBQ sauce on my Cheesy Chips :coma:

ReputationRep:
    ewwwwwww chips and gravy. can be tolerated.

ReputationRep:
    One particular note on the cheese on the chips - it can't be your pure mature cheddar otherwise you start breaking out into what I like to call 'cheese sweats'. Yes that does therefore mean I am encouraging the use of processed cheese as it is much less... lets just say... sweaty?

SO HELP ME GOD

ReputationRep:
    LOVE chips and cheese - the more mature the better

Then cover the chips and cheese with vinegar, then salt, then some ketchup on the side. Heaven
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's alright. Last time I ordered it I think it was £1.50, but you did get a "large" portion of chips rather than normal size.
    And worst thing about it is that only a small amount of the cheese melts. Most of it is simply heaped on top, by the time you've eaten the chips covered in melted cheese they're too cool to melt it.

What would be better is if the chips/cheese were done in layers, so it's cheesey chips right the way down.

For the record I prefer chips and gravy, but it's too darn expensive!

ReputationRep:
    We normally order a pizza from a cheap local outlet, which is open later than Domino's, when we've had a few Real Ales.

Back in my home town I normally go to the local chinese and dunk my chips in beef satay. Delicious.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.