Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Friends are cutting me out of their lives Watch

ReputationRep:
    Recently my friends have started to cut me out of their lives. To be truthful i've always felt a little bit ignored by them, but it's getting to the point I feel so down and worthless about it.

They don't invite me to anything, allow me to join in their conversations, or walk with me to class. I've tried to include myself, and invite myself to things, but I don't want to be an annoyance!

I've tried starting conversations and inviting them places, but they normally have an excuse not to go, and will quickly change the subject of whatever it is i'm talking about.

I thought recently, ok if they don't bother about me why should I try, I will just leave them to it and see if they notice me. Deep down inside I was hoping they might notice my silence and start talking to me again, but nope

We havn't had an argument or anything, I've tried asking them if i have annoyed them in anyway, but they made out I was being paranoid :confused:

I'm not sure what im hoping to get out of this post. I guess I am wondering is it better to be alone, or is it better to keep up the fake relationship despite knowing I am unwanted?

There is only a couple of weeks left of school, so not exactly a time to remake friends

ReputationRep:
    Tbh they're actually not your friends who ignore you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SingMeALullaby)
    Recently my friends have started to cut me out of their lives. To be truthful i've always felt a little bit ignored by them, but it's getting to the point I feel so down and worthless about it.

They don't invite me to anything, allow me to join in their conversations, or walk with me to class. I've tried to include myself, and invite myself to things, but I don't want to be an annoyance!

I've tried starting conversations and inviting them places, but they normally have an excuse not to go, and will quickly change the subject of whatever it is i'm talking about.

I thought recently, ok if they don't bother about me why should I try, I will just leave them to it and see if they notice me. Deep down inside I was hoping they might notice my silence and start talking to me again, but nope

We havn't had an argument or anything, I've tried asking them if i have annoyed them in anyway, but they made out I was being paranoid :confused:

I'm not sure what im hoping to get out of this post. I guess I am wondering is it better to be alone, or is it better to keep up the fake relationship despite knowing I am unwanted?

There is only a couple of weeks left of school, so not exactly a time to remake friends
    If your friends are treating you like that then you shouldn't be friends with them. Fake people are not worth it....I hate fake people :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SingMeALullaby)

All I can say is try and have a word with each of them individually about how their behaviour makes you feel. Say you're sorry if you have offended them or hurt them in any way, but you feel like you're being left out and highlight all the things you've just mentioned. If they act like you're being paranoid then just repeat how it makes you feel and ask if they will put more effort into letting you in after that.

If they've been best friends before you came into the friend group then it might be really easy for them to ignore you without realising. Sadly though, if they won't admit it or see it then there isn't much else you can do, other than start the conversations or invite them out with you.

If that doesn't work then just stick with them until the end of school, and then make a new start next year.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel! I have people at school who are like that but I have the most amazing circle of friends outside of school and that makes me feel better! Without them I think I would be nowhere and I love them so much (one of them got me into the student room stuff)!!! If your friendships at school aren't working out persever so you aren't on your own at school but join a club, society or group outside of school and with a shared interest they will be your friends for life xxx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.