Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Recomend me a place to stay in Munich please ! watch

ReputationRep:
    Im going to Munich in October, just after oktoberfest and will be staying in the city for 4/5 nights
    Im looking for a cheap hostel/hotel that will cost roughly £30 or less per night. Also, if i stay in a hostel i'd prefer a single private room, rather than a bed in a dorm any recomendations?

Much appreciated ;D

ReputationRep:
    I stayed in MEININGER hostel below, which is a very large hostel/hotel, fairly centrally located, also near to beer halls, and it was a pleasant stay. They also give a free drink token per guest.

http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldet...er/Munich/5947

Rating of 81%, privates from 13EUR = just what you're looking for

Generally, use hostelworld for all your accomodation needs, there's so much info and reviews for each hostel, you just can't ignore the site.

Avoid Jaeger's munich near the main hbf - they had a policy of one key per dorm room when I stayed there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheeese589)
    Im going to Munich in October, just after oktoberfest and will be staying in the city for 4/5 nights
    Im looking for a cheap hostel/hotel that will cost roughly £30 or less per night. Also, if i stay in a hostel i'd prefer a single private room, rather than a bed in a dorm any recomendations?

Much appreciated ;D
    if you really want a private room, ignore this:

http://www.the-tent.com/en_index.htm

Most amazing thing. Huge circus tent full of bunk beds. Bonfires, beer, and you meet such great people - it's so much fun! If you are staying 4/5 nights i would recommend do maybe 1 or 2 in the tent just for the experience even if you're not keen on roughing it that much the whole time. but it was one of the highlights of my trip to germany - highly recommended.

ReputationRep:
    Quite cliche, but I had such an awesome time at Wombats hostel. It was like 12 euro per night, a free drink, clean rooms, cheapish bar and was 2 minutes away from the main station as well as having a central location and being less the 10 mins away from the Hoffbrauhaus. Considering that it was such a big hostel, I still met so many people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.