Turn on thread page Beta

I can't will myself to drink enough to get drunk watch

ReputationRep:
    When I first drink I'm sort of ok, but past a certain point, even though I am not drunk because I can probably do your taxes if you asked; I then become increasing "depressed" until I lose the desire to drink completely.

Obvious if I downed a bottle of vodka in one go this won't be the case, but that'd probably kill me.

Help? Thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    same

ReputationRep:
    Drink casually until you reach the edge of the depressing stage, then drop a double vodka into whatever you're drinking and down it, repeat again in 10 minutes, hopefully you'll get over that hump.

Though, why do you particularly want to get drunk?

ReputationRep:
    mix drinks. Have a beer, then a glass of wine, then a couple of jd's and coke, then another beer etc. You will be wasted in no time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)
    When I first drink I'm sort of ok, but past a certain point, even though I am not drunk because I can probably do your taxes if you asked; I then become increasing "depressed" until I lose the desire to drink completely.

Obvious if I downed a bottle of vodka in one go this won't be the case, but that'd probably kill me.

Help? Thoughts?
    drugs effect people differently , dont get drunk........................... ...................

ReputationRep:
    Wht's there a need of getting drunk?!

ReputationRep:
    Same. Don't really care though

ReputationRep:
    Snakebite'll do it.

ReputationRep:
    Have a few pints until you feel yourself getting tipsy. Then do shots. You'll get drunk. It might not work out great though if you get depressed on the way to drunk, you might get worse if you get drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazular)
    Snakebite'll do it.
    Lolz, no it won't. Superbite might, but they taste like scum.

Try Poteen or Everclear instead, that's definitely do it, especially if you set it on fire first

ReputationRep:
    Play a drinking game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Lolz, no it won't. Superbite might, but they taste like scum.

Try Poteen or Everclear instead, that's definitely do it, especially if you set it on fire first
    It will if you have 6/7 pints of it.

ReputationRep:
    It will if you have 6/7 pints of it.
    Ha, yeah, fair point. I thought you meant just one... it's been a long day >.<

ReputationRep:
    Ha, yeah, fair point. I thought you meant just one... it's been a long day >.<
    Heh, I empathise
    Was speaking from my own personal Snakebite experiences. Take 20 quid out, it's enough to buy 6 pints and a shot of Apple Sourz, w00t! :beer:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Real-One)

Help? Thoughts?
    You say this is if it's a bad thing. The experience of intoxication should be an antiquated rite of passage in our society, yet it prevails...#

Moreover, perhaps it would be prudent to address the cause of this depression first...

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I empathise
    Was speaking from my own personal Snakebite experiences. Take 20 quid out, it's enough to buy 6 pints and a shot of Apple Sourz, w00t! :beer:
    That won't get me drunk (I used to be a heavy drinker and could easily spend a ton on a night out ). Can still drink a crate of beer and barely feel tipsy, but I rarely get drunk any more because I get aggressive and violent after drinking spirits, but spirits are the only drink that can get me drunk because ot takes far too much beer to do so :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    That won't get me drunk (I used to be a heavy drinker and could easily spend a ton on a night out ). Can still drink a crate of beer and barely feel tipsy, but I rarely get drunk any more because I get aggressive and violent after drinking spirits, but spirits are the only drink that can get me drunk because ot takes far too much beer to do so :teehee:
    When you say 'beer', I hope you don't mean the filthy dishwater such as Stella Artois/Carlsberg and the like

ReputationRep:
    pfft why bother, what's the point? Just drink enough to lose your inhibitions and have a good time.
    I do know what you mean though - I've never been able to get drunk, must have a super human liver or summat, but hey it means I never get a hangover or puke on my shoes so I figure it's a win

ReputationRep:
    When you say 'beer', I hope you don't mean the filthy dishwater such as Stella Artois/Carlsberg and the like
    Carlsberg I can deal with, Stella is rank though. Fosters goes straight through me, Budweiser gives me one hell of a hangover, Kronenbourg I can deal with.
    Was looking at getting some decent import beer (Delirium Tremens and family) before alcohol stopped agreeing with me, never went through with it though. Wish I had.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.